Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An OldSchool Die Hard AOK/AOC Gamers Review of RON DM

An AOK/AOC DMer Review of Rise of Nations Death Match (Based on Demo):

RON Standard setting is basically AOK/AOC Dark Ages with resources set to “High”. You will have to go thru ages. But, unlike AOK/AOC Dark ages, RON Ages are much more fun. Trust me, I never had the patience to play AOK Dark ages, and fight battles with weak units. But, in Rise of Nations, I loved it on RON going thru ages. I believe, if you do not go thru ages, you will not even have 50% of the fun of RON. If you only play Final Age (Information Age), then you will have a feel that RON is basically an EE version. But, going thru ages from Ancient Age to Information Age is fun, and you get a taste of AOK, AOE and EE!! Three in One!! Important thing to remember that although basic RTS principals of AOK and EE are present in RON, it adds all-new strategies with Nation boarder and attrition damage (the damage you get auto in enemy nations unless you have a supply van with you).

Game play, Unit Control & Game Speed:

RON unit control and game speed on Fast mode is much better than AOM and is perfectly ok for any Die Hard AOK/AOC DM’ers. There has been complains about unit speed. But, I think, WC3 players are the ones who will complain about unit speed as they are used to sheer game and unit speeds. RON Fast mode with Fast gathering rate is little bit faster then AOK/AOC normal speed.

Love it or hate it?

Thanks to BHG for producing such a fun game. ES should have produced RON to keep on track with ROR/AOK/AOC series. But, now, BHG took it from them. Yes, I loved RON. I was bored with AOC, played AOK/AOC for four years. Its time for a change. RON Is my choice of change.

Play Death Match or RM types:

The Fun of playing RM type games is much greater than playing DM types. This is because unlike AOK/AOE/EE, RON wars in different Ages are great enjoyment and gives a strategic depth that will be missing in Death Match setting. I am not saying DM wont be fun at all. My point is, it will be loss if a gamer misses out from playing rest of the ages with totally different Military units then final age units.

My Ratings:

Game play: 8/10 (As good as AOC, but better than AOM)

Unit Control: 7/10 (AOC is better)

Graphics: 8/10 (As good as AOC, better than AOM)

Game speed/unit speed: 8/10 ( Totally ok !)

Game Options: 10/10 (Best game setup options I have ever seen)

Multiplayer: Demo did not have any options

Buy it or not: 10/10 (YES! Go for it, will be worth the money!)

----------------------------------

Finally: Give us a visit in our RON Forum @ RAW

Last edited by RAW_OmarBKhatab; May 14, 2003, 12:46.
    RAW, Rise of An Ancient Warrior, Muslims Online Gaming Community, A Five Year old Gaming Community serving AOK,AOC, AOM,WC3,CS. Future Games for RAW: RON. [RAW Site]: www.muslims-online.com

OmarBKhatab posting here!
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

care to re-post it here?

thanks!
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

There are then a few more that would have to be reposted there...

Comment

so you assume the task of informing people of the directory entry and pleading for a re-post?

Comment

Well, I have got unusual persuation powers, so why not ?

Comment

ok posted the review
              RAW, Rise of An Ancient Warrior, Muslims Online Gaming Community, A Five Year old Gaming Community serving AOK,AOC, AOM,WC3,CS. Future Games for RAW: RON. [RAW Site]: www.muslims-online.com

Comment

cool, thanks

Comment

Working...
                X