Mp/pbem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp/pbem

I'm considering getting this game, and I'd like to know how well the MP/PBEM features work on it (if it even has PBEM for that matter.)
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

There is no PBEM as far as i know... but loading up old games works excellent. It is better multiplayer than most other TBS cause everyone does their moves at the same time and then click the "TURN" button for the move to be executed.

Most of the issues about the game is in singleplayer i haven't heard a single complaint about MP this far.
    Last edited by statusperfect; April 14, 2003, 16:47.

Comment

Well, at least that's good. So how is the reloading if there's a disconnect?

Comment

The lack of comments in this forum seem to indicate to me that few if any people are playing MOO3 multiplayer. I wouldn't mind trying PBEM if it were possible.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Well, I have a second comp... so I have a home network, I'll be playing it there sometimes (if my wife lets me use her computer) so now all I need to figure out is if the IP playing is compatible cross-platform...

That, and if you can quit and come back to the game and not have to finish it all in one sitting.

Comment

It is good multiplayer! far more balanced combat then Moo2.
            I have only played on a LAN (4 player), reloading is quick and easy, and we have only encountered 1 bug which we have figured out a work round.
            We enjoy and like this game - give it a go MP, but allow a fair few hours of time to play it through!

Comment

But it is possible for a group to meet, say, for two hours a week and not have reload problems?

Comment

I can only speak for a LAN.

You will have no problems as long as no-one has been modding files in the time since you last played - you will end up with a version mismatch error. We have had no problems as yet. Go and play and make your fellow human players suffer!

Comment

Glad to know that there's a tampering protection like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Doomed
                    I can only speak for a LAN.

You will have no problems as long as no-one has been modding files in the time since you last played - you will end up with a version mismatch error. We have had no problems as yet. Go and play and make your fellow human players suffer!
                    If everyone has the same data changing mods, you will not receive the version mismatch error.

So far, the biggest complaint I have with Moo3 multiplayer is the limited chat functions in the game. It makes it harder to figure out if you have locked on someone else's combat, and makes it boring for the people stuck waiting for someone to finish a combat

Comment

If you end turn before everyone else it does get a bit tedious waiting for everyone while you stare at the same old end of turn screen. On a LAN its not so bad as you can go and physically abuse those people that take too long with thier turns (Mick).
                      If you are playing over the net I have heard that installing team speak is a good idea, I have not tried it though.

Comment

Teamspeak does work, but not everyone we play against has a microphone.

Comment

Any word on cross-platform compatability? Or will I be the test subject on that.

Comment

I'm not sure on cross platform play. I have a Mac, but I've never played MP at all. Sounds like you get to be the guinea pig.

Comment

I was afraid of that...

Well, once I figure out the game (don't get it till the 23rd) I'll be posting something to find players I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X