a question about a system with a "foreign" outpost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question about a system with a "foreign" outpost

I have a system with a colony, and it says that another race has an outpost there. The system name is bracketed, and there is another planet in the system with an outpost on it that I didn't build. I would assume that this is the outpost in question, but I'm confused because the name of the outpost is in my color. It says that the Lanniserrani are in the system (whoever they are, I haven't met anyone else yet). So is that the way it's supposed to be? I would've thought the outpost would be a different color...

It happen to me afew time they are people from your empire
    who settle on their own. They either join your empire later or they remain indepence on their own.
    By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

If you have a colony with a magnate civilization, these people colonize on their own (without any colony/outpost ships). They just take their private spaceships and settle somewhere.

What you can do is set migration to that colony and in time it will grow to full colony status. You can do that because it's your color.

To set migration on go to planets screen (press F7). Go to uncontrolled/orders/set migration on.

-

Comment

I thought you could only migrate to planets (names starting with capital letters) and not outposts (names with small first letters). Outposts don't show up on the owned planet lists. (Unless I'm doing something wrong)
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

That's right. Outposts don't show up when you've selected 'owned planets'. That's why Sir Alkis said to select uncontrolled.

Do that and you'll probably want to set the sort order to name so you can easily find the outpost planet. Then set the migration and soon you'll have a nice new planet in your empire and it didn't cost you a single AU.
          A dictatorship wouldn't be so bad. As long as I'm the dictator. G. W. Bush

Comment

Thanx. I'll give that a shot.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

You can actually skip building colony ships altogether, and expand solely by outpost and migration, much faster than if you build colony ships.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Now that you mention it, that appears to be what I see the AI doing alot. I may give that a shot also.

Comment

The AI builds colony ships, but it does the expand from outpost trick a lot too. The nasty thing (I hate AI cheats, AI software development in the last 15 years of gaming is an embarassment) is that I've never actually seen an AI outpost ship. You can't kill what doesn't exist, so it's essentially impossible to stop enemy outposts.

I just preempt them in my early star systems by outposting everything above size 3.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                  X