Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winning blocking bug

Hey guys!

I played a recent game of MOO3, and I had a beautiful and perfect galaxy.

I had like 25 systems and 100+ planets in a nice big fat cluster, with very good chokepoints.

I had proceeded to turns 300+ with Leviathans, Damper Fields, and Stellar Converters.

Then the bug hit. I can't win the game now.

You see, I set the victory condition to only conquest, no senate victory (a cop out) and not need the 5 Antaran X's (Takes forever and relies on luck).

I attacked Orion itself, in my game, Orion has 4 planets. I had 150 Levithans pounding the crap out of the New Orion fleets, then I landed ground troops to grab the Antarans to gain them as a species, like the way you gain multi-race populated planets with 3 alien outposts on the same planet.

I took over Orion 1, with like 4,000 ground troops total aganist the Antarans 2,000.

Then the next turn, I get ready to attack Orion 2, to grab it and land troops on it.

BUG.

Every turn afterwards, I recieve the combat screen, and I keep saying "assault Planet" but my forces ALWAYS end up defending Orion 1, as if it was an "Defend Planet". I'm screaming at these bloody idiots, because I want them to ATTACK Orion 2, not DEFEND Orion 1.

Urg.

I can't conquer Orion system now, because every turn the orions make new ships therefore blocking me from "assaulting planet". My ships always end up at Orion 1, defending it every turn instead of attacking. I do use "Control Combat" option, but doesn't help.

I'm ready to murder my captains in that fleet. Utter and complete idiots.

This would be the perfect multiplayer cheat. I could simply make cheap-arsed ships like lancers every turn, while the other player has 1 planet in my system, and then he/she can't EVER take my other planets in the same system unless I stop producing and deploying ships every turn.

I can't wipe the Orions off, or occupy the rest of Orion system... and that made me quit MOO3 in digust. I still have like 7 other races to conquer, but they're easy pickings compared to the Orions.

Please let there be a hack or modification to spreadsheets or whatever to let me bypass this VERY annoying bug.

....rant mode off....

Ahem, just had to let you guys know. Galatic Civilizations looking more and more appealing, and I have yet to get it.
    Geniuses are ordinary people bestowed with the gift to see beyond common everyday perceptions.

Move your ships out of the system and then move them back. There is a bug that makes smaller empires gain the initiative in combat, making it impossible for system ships to attack smaller empires.

Comment

Yeah, its a known bug. It is going to be fixed... hopefuly this year.

Comment

Hmmmm.... are you sure it's not a "feature"???

After all, even chess contemplates... DRAWS! One of which because of unavoidable moves repetition indeed....
        I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Working...
        X