Help with MOO2 + designing ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with MOO2 + designing ships

Hey guys im having trouble, its my first time playing MOO2 (Yeah, i know dont hurt me but when im in pre-warp and what not and i start out with some ships, the refit and design buttons dont light up for me. *shrugs* Maybe just some wierd bug, or do i need to research or build something? Anyways, thanks.

-Imp

When you start in pre-warp, you hardly know how to see the stars

So, before you can build a ship you need to research construction and propulsion first.

To build bigger ships, you'll need to research the appropiate hulls as well as building a starbase, which will allow you to build battleship+. For scouts and similar, you do not need a starbase.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Re: Help with MOO2 + designing ships

Originally posted by Imperator21
      Hey guys im having trouble, its my first time playing MOO2 (Yeah, i know dont hurt me but when im in pre-warp and what not and i start out with some ships, the refit and design buttons dont light up for me. *shrugs* Maybe just some wierd bug, or do i need to research or build something? Anyways, thanks.

-Imp
      Selecting prewarp means you do not have ships or the tech to make them at the the start, only a starbase.
      You need to have std fuel cell, you will know if you have all the tech needed, as the scout will appear in your build queue list.
      Selecting avg tech starts you will the SB and two scouts and a colony ship. You will have some early tech.
      Selecting advanced tech start, gets you (usually) a battle station and as many ships as your command points will support. This ends to be 2 battleships, but it depends on racial traits. You have more techs already learned.
      You can not refit a ship until you have the "learn to fly" techs. You will not be able to refit capitol ships unless you have a starbase. A capitol ship is a cruiser or larger.
      You will not be able to build ships larger than a battleship with out learning the required tech. This means Titan or DoomStar construction.

Comment

To build ships, you need to reseach Chemistry (top right box) and Computers (middle left). Once you completed both you can start building scouts and outposts.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Imperator21 did you get what you need?

Comment

He might be to busy playing, as he has now all infommation needed

Comment

Yeah, but wonder if posters asking for help came back and got the answer. If no one posted right away, they often give up.

Comment

We have been fairly quick answering his problem........
                so that shouldn't be the case (this time ).

Maybe one day he'll still say thank you

Comment

No thanks required, just say I got it going and I am busting heads or something like it.

Comment

Let's see and let's wait..........

One day he might come back..........

Comment

Working...
                    X