How to hold Ithkul contamination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hold Ithkul contamination?

I an playing and exterminating the ithkul planets and created colonies in their place but the other civ's apear to takign the ithkul planets with gound troops, if a take one of that civs planets with ithkul population they could spread for my whole empire...what can i do to hold a contamination if that happens?And what can i do to prevent a contamination to happen? i already kill every ithkul planet that i see and only colonise when the sistem is fully clean, that includes outpost, i don't take risks. they are a plague...help please

Races migrate 'naturally' so the Ithkul WILL start infesting your worlds. Then you'll have nasty parasites all over the place.

Exterminate them. If you get infected give the planet RIGHT NOW to someone you don't like.

Comment

and the other races? they create outpost at ithkul outpost , that create a contamination, if i take one of the planets of that civs i take the risk of contamination, if i terraform myworlds and have races incompatible the ithkul wont migrate ( i think ), they will leave a world searching for a better place and their enviroment is lot of incompatible, i will not contaminate all my worlds but i will get lot of problens if iget infected

Comment

Can't say I'm a fan of genocide but in the case of Ithkul I might make an exception.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

With patch Ithkuil wil migrate just to feed no matter how the world is

Comment

BTW. Do Ithkul eat silicoids?

Comment

No. Non-corporals are also immune.

Comment

What is a non-corporal? Is there any list of species Ithkul don't eat?

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
                  What is a non-corporal?
                  The Brye-ehts (a magnate race) are non-corporeal. They only consume 1 food for 5 pop points.
                  "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

and about the cibernetics?

the eat meklar or cinoids?i don't think that the ithkul like iron and circuits, i prefer a klacon not to burned

Comment

IIRC, races that the Ithkul can't eat as food are instead converted into minerals.

Comment

Originally posted by statusperfect
                        BTW. Do Ithkul eat silicoids?
                        No, but they can put them in a salt shaker.

Seriously though, some minerals ARE edible (ie salt) but I don't believe silicoids are on the list.

Ithkul are pretty much the Tasmanian Devils of MOO3.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Uhmmm...
                          Which way do the Ithkul eat other population?
                          Do they produce food (by Bioharvesting), do they need others to grow at all? Do they use up less food if they eat population?

Comment

Ithkul "eat" population by systematically replacing the old population by Ithkul. Ithkul have some nice abilities: high G loving and tough. Actually I don't see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by gloob
                              Ithkul "eat" population by systematically replacing the old population by Ithkul. Ithkul have some nice abilities: high G loving and tough. Actually I don't see the problem.
                              I'd have a problem with it if I were part of the population being eaten. The total loss of free will and a greatly reduced lifespan is a big downer.

Comment

Working...
                              X