I've been invaded (and PDWs work?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been invaded (and PDWs work?)

I've been reading threads saying that the computer does not invade but it just happened to me. A fleet (Cynoid) showed up at one of my (Human) worlds around turn 300 and invaded with so many marines that it took not one but three armies of armor (with nukes) to take it back. That was a rude surprise since I was factoring in the AI problems into my war planning.

It is also interesting to note that after I took it back the planet had a high level of unrest like any other conquered world. I would think they would be happy to be liberated.

Also, it appears from my tactical battles that PDWs are working fine on both sides (i.e. incoming missles and fighters are being fired on alot).

At least my Diplomatic AI is still acting bizarre (just had a cassius belli +148, current relation +199 ally declare war out of the blue).

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

I than getting tire of some people saying that the computer doesnot invade your planets and Diplomat doesnot work I say the main element of the game do work.
    By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Appearently some things do work (as I noted above) but I suppose it still could be much better. In MOO2 I was invaded more often than just once in 300 turns. The diplomacy also does not follow the cause and effect we would expect from what the cassius belli/current relations numbers show. In the same game I have one race declaring/undeclaring war about every three turns.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

The PD bug is uncommon, not a constant effect. You'll notice when you get it because a salvo of missiles you normally shrug off will suddenly blow up some of your taskforce. It doesn't manifest much until you get multiple TF battles where fighters, missiles and ships are coming at you at the same time.

Invasions happen, just not often enough. If you share a system with the enemy they're pretty capable of invading. If their nearest deployment centre is 3+ hops away it'll probably never happen.

Recapturing a planet makes it subject to the normal rules. If morale buildings are destroyed and you have no anti-piracy defence then you'll get unrest unless you keep the taxes low and station a few ships in the system.

I'm one of the minority that don't see the diplomacy as erratic, but that debate has already been done in exhaustive detail. Hopefully QS will come thorugh on the more descriptive text so that it becomes more transparent what factors are influencing their decisions. My fear is that if this happens players will complain that its possible to exploit race X or Y by playing off what they hike and dislike.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Thanks..I believe the invasion I suffered would have to have come from at least two hops away. Still playing the same game. There hasn't been any effort to attack or re-re-take the world in question yet.

Comment

Working...
          X