Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ship building task force deployment help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship building task force deployment help?

Ok so, I'm playing my first game as the stock race Raas. I'm finally feeling comfortable with the interface and after reading the manuel, strat guide, threads I'm able to follow whats happening, to a degree from turn to turn. What I'm really getting stuck on is the ship building and Task force creation/deployment aspect. I'm about 125 turns into the game, I have my AI Viceroy on everywhere. I want the AI to design and build ships for me until I get a better feel for combat and can see how the various resaerch advance and subsiquient design upgrades effect performance. I read several threads telling me to go to shipyard, picks all the combo's off size, drive type, mission type and hit autobuild. I spent about 40 minutes at the beginning of my game doing this, I did this for task forces and ground forces as well. I reasoned it was a macro game and if I hit auto build for everything the AI would make reasonably good choices and they would be built and created and I could just send them off to search and destroy. I was mistaken and need some help! I've got quit a few mobilization centers so I know I can build task forces, I'm ahead of the other visable races in tech yet they are sending out task forces and all I'm sending out is scouts and colony ships. It would seem I'm advanced enough technilogically to build many different ship but when I go to my best planet my home planet, there is only one star class ship available to build in the Military que? Now I understand you have to build some planetary improvements to build larger ships but I have quit a few of those after 120 odd turns, Id think with all the auto build active I'd have more than once starship, one system defense ship, scout, colony ship as my only ship building options? I'm sorry if this thread jumps around a bit, I'm a little tired, frustrated, I'm really trying to enjoy the game and have invested a lot of time trying to understand it. Any help and/or clarification would be greatly appreciated!

If you want better ships, and you want the AI to build them, go the shipyards every once in a while and hit Autobuild again.

Also make sure you obsolete the old designs so that they aren't built anymore.

Autobuild only works the one time you press it. The AI does not automatically upgrade ship designs.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Thanks, I presumed the AI auto-updated desighn as soon as tech advances made it possible. As for as obsolete old designs, I was playing around trying to figure all this out, I made all my present designs, eagle attack, colony etc... obsolete then auto build the designs and when I went to my military que there were no longer any ships available to build. How do you make ships obolete and still be able to build the same size, class, miision types upgraded? Just confusing??

Comment

If you go to the planets screen, it will tell you the shipyard capability of each planet. Just because you can design a cruiser, for example, doesn't mean you can build one. You have to have shipyard upgrades to build cruisers and above.

ACK!

Comment

Yes, I understand you have to make the nessasary plantary improvment to build larger ships but I when I made the ships obsolete and then hit auto build for each type I wasn't able to build ANY ship, none were in the military build list for the que, not even the ones that were there the previous turn. I made sure I auto built everything so I know I covered the same specs ie size, engine, mission type for auto.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar_84
            Yes, I understand you have to make the nessasary plantary improvment to build larger ships but I when I made the ships obsolete and then hit auto build for each type I wasn't able to build ANY ship, none were in the military build list for the que, not even the ones that were there the previous turn. I made sure I auto built everything so I know I covered the same specs ie size, engine, mission type for auto.
            After you hit Auto build you have to hit the confirm button on the bottom right of the screen.

ACK!

Comment

I've been having problems with auto-build as well. I click and click on the auto-build button, but nothing ever happens. Now I know why: confirm. I feel like such an idiot. Thanks, Tuberski!

Comment

My pleasure, always willing to help people who stick with the game.

ACK!

Comment

Thanks! That was the problem, this game is so complex sometimes the answer is so obvious. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Working...
                  X