How To Force Offroad Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Force Offroad Travel

I don't know if that's been mentioned before as I am only able to access the first page on each of the Apolyton forums right now.
    Anyway, here it goes:

To force off-roading, you have to *drag & drop* the icon of the task force to the star you want to off-road to.

That's it.

The visuals for this seem to be a bit screwed up, e.g. the icon won't show up on the upper left of the system as usual. But you'll notice that the ship started to go to the system the next turn.
    So it's a bit screwy but as far as I can see, it works.

The patch will add a key for off-roading (alt or ctrl or shift, don't remember right now), but until then you can use this method.

didnt know you could go off road in space

Comment

This don't have a great strategic use, if you have great hiper drives you can use of road ta atack systens behind the great lines of defense or travel to neutron star and black hole, i see no use beside that

Comment

This don't have a great strategic use, if you have great hiper drives you can use of road ta atack systens behind the great lines of defense or travel to neutron star and black hole, i see no use beside that
        If attacking behind the line of defense or bypassing an enemy empire is of no "great strategic use", then what is? Besides, you don't have to do it, you know.

Comment

I'll ignore the grammatical and spelling errors and get to the point. I had a task force in the midgame at a planet very close to Orion. The planet I wanted to attack was on the other side of the Orion homeworld. I knew it was there because of a TA:I agreement with an ally. There was no way to the system from my position without blockading the Orion system, suicide at that point in the game. Offroading for 12 turns saved me the 150 turns it would have taken me to defeat the Orion fleet, and gave me a toehold on the other side of the galaxy.

While there have only been two times I have resorted to offroading in about 20 games, dismissing the ability outright would be a mistake.

Comment

Or having a whole section of space blocked of by a guardian homeworld, such is my case currently.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Rare problens

The AI, in Moo3 are soo dumb that there is no need to evade a enemy great fleet i killed yesterday a Sakkra fleet with more than 100 ships with 41 of my polivalente ships ( missiles and guns ) i could off road and atack they back but i really need this?

Comment

I've needed this a few times in my games. Thanks for the tip!
                We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness... T. Jefferson "The Declaration of Independence"

Comment

I've heard ctrl-click works. The data patch makes travel faster now. I believe that instead of 20:1 it is now 7:1.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278
                    I've heard ctrl-click works. The data patch makes travel faster now. I believe that instead of 20:1 it is now 7:1.
                    Off-road travel is faster with the data patch, but forced off-road travel with ctrl-click will only work after the first code patch.
                    "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

I'm sorry. You are right about the code patch.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                      X