X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Ships

Next question:

How do I get rid of old ships?

I'm busy cranking out dreadnoughts from my core planets.

What do I do to get rid of the old light cruisers that are still hanging around? There has to be a better way than to sail them into enemy missile bases!

Thanks,
    Saturn

put they to hunt pirate att your systems.one per planet, teh cost to sustain are too low that i prefer to hold they on reserve or put they to patrol

Comment

Not near my copy of the game, but I seem to remember that you can disband them from the system forces screen of the planet they are currently located next too. I know that you can disband colony system ships here, so you should be able to do others as well.

Comment

It is also possible to scrap ships that are in the fleet reserve. Go to the SHIPYARD tab (bottom right) and then choose FLEETS. In the right panel you can see all of the ships in your empire, including those in reserve. Click on the ships (in your reserve) that you want to scrap and then choose the scrap ship option. If you want to scrap ships that are currently in service then I think that you have to disband the task force first.

Comment

To my dismay I discovered pirates are not impressed by my obsolete destroyers. I guess the bounty of a system with a couple of 60k population planets is just too much a big attractor for intergalactic scum.
          Currently I'm building scare-crow designs: empty starship dreadnought shell, one laser, no armour and barebone engines: just as cheap as possible. Good results, low investment. But you need mob centres to compensate for retro engines .

Comment

Working...
          X