Save game bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save game bug?

I was playing a game. It was fairly early, around turn 100 or so. I had built several IF fleets to go attack a guardian homeworld.

I knew these wouldn't be enough, but I wanted to see how they would do, so I saved the game to a previous save game.

I got the "are you sure you want to save over " message and hit confirm.

My fleets of course got slaughtered and I reloaded the game.

It reload the previous game that I thought I had saved over. What gives with this.?

Also, several times when I try to do this it doesn't give me the "are you sure" message. So I don't know whether or not it saved.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

I'm not sure about your specific problem but I have read in other threads that there is something "wrong" with saving games. I have myself noticed that if I make changes (ie production plans, task force deployments, spy insertion, etc.) and then save & reload the game, all of the changes I made are "lost." The changes don't "stick" until you play another turn.

Comment

It looks like the save function is really just copying the autosave from the begining of the turn. IOW if you save after manking changes, it will not be in the save, the save will exactly as it was at the start of the turn.
      The only value of saving manually is that you can now have more than the round robin of the 5 autos.

Comment

My only problem with that theory.

I knew about copying the autosave, but this was different.

The save game that I copied over was about 25 turns previous to the one I was trying to save.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
        X