The Economic Race Trait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Economic Race Trait

First off.. sorry if this is already covered some where esle; I could not find it...

I seem to recall (but I can not remember where) I read that the Economics Racial trait was modified from what is stated in the game and manuals. The statement was that there is no intrest gained on posative AU ballances - but keeping the interest earned on AU debt tho. Perhaps some one can clarify if this is true and where it is stated please.

If this is true than one sould really condiser any the benefits that points spent on the Economics would bring. Currently the game states the folloing
    ECONOMICS:
    *Investor
    ... +5% interest earned on + AU ballances from norm
    ... -2% interest earned on - AU debts from norm
    ... -25% HFoG costs
    *Monetarists
    ... +2% interest earned on + AU ballances from norm
    ... -1% interest earned on - AU debts from norm
    ... -10% HFoG costs
    *Specie
    ... no adjustments
    *Barter
    ... -1% interest earned on + AU ballances from norm
    ... +1% interest earned on - AU debts from norm
    ... +5% HFoG costs

For my style of play, I almost never have HFoG issues and have yet to go below 0 on AU counter. This means that any points spent in increasing ECONOMICS (ala human, evon, ...) are a waste.

I hope someone could confirm or correct this assumption.

From what I've read on the Infogrames forum, what you say is true; positive interest was cut from the game.

So, as you say, there really isn't much point unless your HFoG is a real killer.

Comment

Is there any benefit to being an Investor?

Now that you mention it, I recall something about this change too. You make a good point, if there are little real benefits to a better economics trait, you might be better off customising your race and transfer those points from economics to something else.
      ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
      "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
      Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
        From what I've read on the Infogrames forum, what you say is true; positive interest was cut from the game.

So, as you say, there really isn't much point unless your HFoG is a real killer.
        War of Art has pointed out in another thread on governments and HFoG that you can lower you HFoG by 25-50% simply by switching governments.

My current game is the last one where I'm an 'Investor'!
        ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
        "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
        Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Shnozwangler:

This information is in the game's readme file. The consensus at the infogrames forum is, these changes make this racial pick cost-ineffective.

QSI has stated it intends to fix the HFOG reduction in a patch, though they did not state whether this would make the first one.

Comment

Working...
          X