A directx copy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A directx copy...

Hi, does anyone know where i can get object.mob file i cant copy it from the cd i think because my drive is brand new. im not using an burned cd if thats what you are thinking So if anyone knows where i can get it please tell me ! :/

I have some problem with the game...
    It runs fine until you start a game, the universe is created, players located but then the game shows me this msg "DirectX surface unavailable."

I have DirectX 9, but don't know how to uninstall it to install DirectX 8.1 (which can be found on the CD)

Or is there another cause...?

Comment

DX9 isn't the problem most likely, so you can keep it. It's anyway safer that way, unless you really know how to remove DX8.1.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

If you accidently click the mouse wheel, which was my problem, with the game, (a mouse popup program for the Internet came up, and the game crashed because of that -- I use the keyboard now to move the galaxy zoom and such). That is being also addressed in the patch, about going in and out of the game (which I never seem to do), but I still have to look up and see if that mouse program can be defeated as it is for mainly using the Internet, and features, that muck up the game when it comes up!

I just quit using the mouse wheel, and accidently clicking it, and no more Direct X Surface problem, when trying to get back into the game, since that mouse program is mucking it up!

Comment

Working...
        X