Why not include Hot Seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not include Hot Seat?

The way I understand it, Hot Seat was never intended for Mo03. Playing the game now, I wonder why? Sure, maybe not as many people would use it, given online gaming.

Yet everything is there for Hot Seat - the timed turns, the natural "fog of war/exploration". The only thing that would be needed (and some might find it less enjoyable then) is to make combats between players "watch" only. Since that feature is already available in single and multiplayer games, wouldn't it require just a code change for playing Hot Seat?

From what I hear, many players are choosing to let the AI handle the combats anyway. This would be an acceptable loss in order to be able to play with friends on the same computer.

Don't imagine my wish will be granted...but if I pan that galaxy map fast enough, that neutron star looks like a shooting star...

I find this somewhat annoying as well. Obviously, the developers didn't think it was worth the time to implement it, or didn't think that people would like a hotseat game with no combat participation.

It would be truly awesome if they could patch in hotseat but I don't think it's at all likely. I bought MOO2 after playing hotseat with a friend and deciding I liked it. It's a good promotional tool.

I blame those smarmy American developers with their fancy cable connections and LAN networks in QSI's ivory tower headquarters. Maybe if they took a look at the third world internet infrastructure in the UK, they would see why hotseat is a good idea
    The foppish elf, fighting ithkul in a top hat and smoking jacket since 1885

Comment

I agree hotseat will be fun.
      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Even a hotseat with no contol for space battles would be cool.

Comment

im guessing eventually someone will release a third-party patch that will enable you to play hotseat. i remember this happened for some popular game a while back, whos name i cant remember

Comment

Hmm....

It happend with Civ2.
            (with ORIGINAL Civ2, long ago before MP version was released)

P.S.
            Of course, only editing of saved game was needed for Civ2.

Comment

Working...
            X