Neutron Stars and Black Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutron Stars and Black Hole

What is the point with Neutron Stars and Black Holes?
    I have never found anything at these locations. Have you ?

DP
    Last edited by statusperfect; March 23, 2003, 04:28.

Comment

Re: Neutron Stars and Black Hole

Originally posted by behin
      What is the point with Neutron Stars and Black Holes?
      I have never found anything at these locations. Have you ?
      Not by sending ships directly, but Expeditions may find X's at them.

Comment

find X's at black holes and neutron stars, in an abstract manner? Didn't know this.. where did you get that info vmxa1?

but AFAIK, when going directly to them, there is absolutely nothing that happens. Maybe a battle can start if two civs are at a black hole or neutron star, but what are the chances of that happening?

Comment

I forgt where I heard that, but you will not get all 5 from guardian worlds, they must be in blackholes or someplace.

Comment

I don't know if I believe that, vmxa1. One game I've played, I explored almost the entire galaxy (huge 3-arm with 2 other civs incl NOs). I found all 5 guardian worlds and they were normal stars. I think the Ursian guardian was the one blocking the last few unexplored starlanes I had left in that game, plus the fifth and final guardian.

I've yet to attempt reaching a bh or ns, but maybe in the game I'm playing now I'll spare a ship or two...
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I've yet to find any purpose above cosmetic to the bh and ns. They may well be leftovers of a feature scrapped in developement.

If I remember correctly there's random change of getting 0-2 of the antaran X's from guardian worlds and the remaining ones have to be found using antaran expeditions.
              Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Petrell's Domain Webmaster

Comment

If I remember correctly there's a random chance of getting 0-2 of the antaran X's from guardian worlds and the remaining ones have to be found using antaran expeditions.
                Damn Petrell, I wish I could have provided in-game confirmation for part of that. That very same game I was talking about I was simultaneously launching 4 different large task groups into 4 of the guardian systems (the fifth system lay along the starlanes beyond the Ursan(?) guardian system. A few turns before that, I had already launched a few smaller task forces on the Antaran Xpeds. When the guardian systems were simultaneously hit by my forces, one of the X's had been found...but I have no idea if it was as a result of the Xpeds or my attacking the known guardian systems.

Someone please find clear confirmation one way or another...
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

According to a comment by Chantz you have a small chance of finding an X when you visit a BH or NS.

You have a reasonable chance of finding an X when you defeat a guardian.

The rest must be found on expeditions.

However, I don't know if it's still in and I've never heard of someone finding an X at a BH/NS. Like so many other 'features', I doubt if even the developers know if its still in the code!
                  The foppish elf, fighting ithkul in a top hat and smoking jacket since 1885

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                    I don't know if I believe that, vmxa1. One game I've played, I explored almost the entire galaxy (huge 3-arm with 2 other civs incl NOs). I found all 5 guardian worlds and they were normal stars. I think the Ursian guardian was the one blocking the last few unexplored starlanes I had left in that game, plus the fifth and final guardian.

I've yet to attempt reaching a bh or ns, but maybe in the game I'm playing now I'll spare a ship or two...
                    What is you do not believe?
                    Fact I have gotten an X from a Guardian world.
                    Fact I killed all Guardians and did not recover all 5 X's.
                    Fact after all planets explored and conquered, with one system left alive, I had not gotten all 5.
                    I then sent out expeditions and found the 3 missing X's.
                    Fact I had already visited all blackholes and other locations, before sending the fleets on the hunt.
                    Conclusion: you must send out those search parties and I have no idea where they find the missing X's, but I suspect they are in the novas and blackholes, but can not be recovered by conventional ships visiting.

Comment

The description I read of the Antaran expeditions said that they were leaving the sector entirely, for the most part. The person that wrote this may have had a different idea of what "sector" meant than I do, however.

Comment

Working...
                      X