AI's Puny Fleets -- Yeah Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI's Puny Fleets -- Yeah Right

I've read on the boards many complaints about how the AI always uses puny fleets of 3 or 6. I didn't think much about it one way or the other. As long as they're puny and I'm weak, I'm a happy camper.

Then tonight I'm marching my 6 TF 60 ship war machine through my neighbor's yard when all of a sudden I see a fleet symbol coming down the starlane. I take a peek at the fleet and h*ly sh*t it's the New Orions with 44 ships. I think -- 'I'm sunk'

The New Orions fleet arrives at my planet and they don't attack. I look closely and it's 2 TF of 22 each and they're planning to visit somebody way across the galaxy. Guess they've got a welcome to the Senate present for them. I'm extremely relieved.

Anyway, 6 or 8 turns later, I'm still grinding out the ground war and here comes another NO fleet symbol with 99 ships in it. They, too, only pass through.

I don't know who's complaining about the AI's puny fleets, but I sure hope they stay puny in my games.
    A dictatorship wouldn't be so bad. As long as I'm the dictator. G. W. Bush

I suspect they were only talking about non NO fleets. The NO have plenty of ships and seem to crank them out in bunches any time they want.

Comment

I have had several encounters with large NO fleets but never with the other races. The largest group of non NO ships I've ever faced was 22 system ships but they were no match for my behemoths.

Comment

Well, at least there's challenge in the game.

Comment

Working...
        X