Pirates, be careful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates, be careful

They Could raise your empire when you grow afew more stronger and teh trade began to flux trough your systems they apear looking for richies and cause unrest at your system, consult the demografy info and see , if pirates are the cause of some unrest try to creat systems defense ships more than 7, and the problem is over, they will patrol the system for you and keep the pirates away, you can't create system ships, try send flotilas os Starships, but do not waste your great Cruisers or Titans with system patrols create Small Frigates with some Plasma of missile firepower in a few turns your reserve will have a horde of it, and leave they patroling the system , you didnt have to give any order , only leave the ships there and the pirates go away, if they didn't , send more ships, the game Economy is really great, i could pass the whole game only developing my economy with a small defense fleet, but i don't like it, i prefer to conquest.That all folks, becareful with the pirates.

Correct, System Ships are the best countermeasure against Pirates.
    As a rule of the Thump you should have at least [number of Colonies of your Empire in the System] Starships or Systemships within the System, or else your Colonies within the system will grow more and more discontent.

I always have a small absolutely Lowtech Systemship within the Design I can build (which is never marked obsolete even if I have already really Hightech-Ships) which can be quickly built even by new Colonies just to combat Pirates.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

IIRC one "hull point" of system ships cancels on "pirate point" so a size 14 ship is actually pretty cost effective, and useful if there's a fight. If you just want ships to combat piracy, build without any weapons, sheilds, or engine speed above 1. Then they're cheaper, but do the job just as well. Planet sheilds also reduce piracy.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

So that's why my pirate problem suddenly went away!
        ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
        "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
        Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

I prefer to simulate their polivalence against pirates,i created a frigate that i call, Patrol ship, that had 2 fighters, missiles PD , PD weapons and a standard Plasma Cannon...the pirates wont like it for sure, a perfect all wheater patrol ships

Comment

But with the game mechanics, an unarmed frigate, with no armour, sheilds or anything, will have exactly the same effect on pirates. Save some money, eh?

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

I play for fun and ficiton

Imagine a Pirate ships running from a unarmed patrol ship, that not kind, i prefer tu simulate in the minimum aspects a Galatic empire, in the name of ships, the economy of planets, on the relation with other races, i prefer to take a planer than bomboard, kill civilians is not cool, exception of the Ithkul that i kill kill kill everything, they are a plague, the ficition make the game lot of more fun, try it, prefer polivalent ships than specialized, they ca work on all wheater, all land and al type of combat my ships generaly have guns ( PD, SR, and LR) and Missiles ( PD, and great Devil's Heavy or torpedo ) a carrier have fighter's and lot of PD weapons, that's too great, try it , the game will become more fun.

Comment

Pirates should exist

Of course, pirates are just a simulation to tie down you ships.

It would be better if there were actual pirate ships, so you could "tame" an area and move on. They could come back later...

Comment

Hmm, unlike nearly all other "civ" games, MoO3 has no "Barbarians". I hadn't noticed that untill you brought up "real" pirates.

Shame, really.

-Jam

Comment

Re: Pirates should exist

Originally posted by Ghostbear
                    Of course, pirates are just a simulation to tie down you ships.

It would be better if there were actual pirate ships, so you could "tame" an area and move on. They could come back later...
                    Good Idea,
                    some real Pirate Ships turning up after a time (when you already have spaceports within the system), having small ships with somewhat lower tech than you currently possess and if you loose those Battles there will be growing unrest under the populace and maybe losses from your Spaceport-Income through smuggling and Pirating.

It wqould be really interesting (and would promote that you build Ships that have real Combat capabilities to fight them)
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

imagine how weak the pirates (barbarians) would be though. If a cutter sized system ship armed with a puny light mounted laser can take care of a pirate.... would get redundant later on in the game when those pesky pirates come arr'ing in your system.

Comment

They wouldn't

Pirates would only be a problem in an underdeveloped system.

Planetary defenses and system defense ships should be more than enough deterrent.

If you're trying to be logical that is...

Comment

Pirate special effects would be cool, now they are just one statistic which doesn't have any real meaning if you have a bunch of lousy ships orbiting the system. (I use those transport ships because AI made them quite a lot until I figured what was going on).

Comment

Planetary shields also help against piracy a lot. I don't know how much because no one knows how this game actually works... but I remember a dev saying it helped significantly on the QS forums.
                            http://xohybabla.ru

Comment

They reduce piracy by 10% of the shields strength, so a strength 30 shield will eliminate 3 points of piracy = 1 Corvette, and cheaper.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                              X