X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task Force Sizes

My first MOO3 post.

I really like this game so far.

Fantastic game, with ****e front end, and annoying little bugs.

I remembe r reading in the manual that Task forces could have upto 64 ships.

I can only have 18 though.

Is there a tech(s) which allow larger sizes?

I need to get rid of the 100s of scout ships the ai has built for me
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

No tech and the manual is in error.

Comment

There are Mods that increase the size of TFs, but that's the only way I know of to get over the limit.

As for what to do with all your obsolete ships, that's what Antaran expeditions are for. Seriously, I emptied my reserves of all my decent ships, then started sending Armadas out to search for the Xs. Of the 8 Armadas created, 4 returned with an X within a hundred turns or so (might have been longer, but it wasn't over 200). There wasn't anything larger than a frigate in any of those Armadas.

EDIT: Don't send anything smaller than an Armada on an expedition. You tend to loose ships on expeditions, and my smaller groups have been known to be destroyed when only one partial discovery away from an X.

Comment

Including ships with research labs in your expeditions should speed up the process.
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
        X