SPinal Mount bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPinal Mount bug?

Anyone know the arc of which a spinal mounted weapon can fire? In the tech description, the spinal mount can fire only in the direction of the ship but I've seen occurences when the degree of fire reaches past 45 degrees and make it very difficult for enemy fighters to be effective and make it easy for me to crack the fortress worlds.

For example, X equals an long range amarda, and x are the fighters:

X

X

X x-----------------------------------(x)

X

X

Each armada was facing in the same direction towards the planet, and distance was far inbetween the ships and the planet. The outer X was able to fire their spinal mounted hard beams at that x position where the fighters are and destroy them but if they were limited, shouldn't they be only able to destroy fighters before they reach the (x) position? Each armada was armed with 12 x 10 LR spinal mounted hard beams (green laser), 10 x 7 SR improved fusion beams, 5 x 3 IF light Neutronium missiles, and 5 x 2 RE standard mount lasers. All I ever saw was the missiles and the green beams firing everywhere. YEs, this is Colin Grey's mod and there are 32 ships in each armada.
    Last edited by Crostoneman; March 19, 2003, 15:23.

I don't think that there are any firing arc restrictions in MoO 3, and that they only approximate that by giving spinal mounts a heavier ROF penalty than the heavy/ultraheavy mounts.

Comment

I don't know, I've seen task forces using only spinal mounts not being able to fire because the enemy outmaneuvered me, and only resume firing once the fleet repositioned itself. that's why I prefer using heavy mount now most of the time (good range, good damage and faster recharge)

but you know, when using auto build, the AI ususally sticks in a few weapons that can fire anywhere, so maybe that's the thing..

Comment

Working...
      X