the real review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the real review

I don't have the game. But after a very short burst, this forum is about as active after release as it was prior.

IMO, sometimes when people say less they explain more.
    "Is it sport? I think it is. And does affection breed it? I think it does. Is it frailty that so errs? It is so too." - Shakespeare, Othello IV,iii

Sorry, I don't quite get it. Are you saying that the game is sooo bad that no one can even mention how bad it is anymore, or sooo good that everyone is busy playing it and not posting?

Please clarify.

(BTW, this forum was nearly dead until the game went gold, then there were new people joining everyday)

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Took me about a fortnight after release to post much about it because I was too busy playing. The IG forums are about the only ones where frequency of positive and negative posts might be taken as any kind of sign. Even then I'm not alone in that I play games all the time whose forums I don't bother to post on after a while.

Game forums are at their best pre-release and shortly after release for swapping playing tips, helping newbies and generally sharing your opinions. After that you've got to be pretty fanatical (pro or anti) to keep posting a significant amount. It takes a certain type of mentality to air the same opinions with the world over and over again. Even a successful game will see forum traffic rise exponentially on release and fall off steadily after that. You only have to look at the Civ forums that this site is dedicated to for evidence of that.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
      X