Troop Ship behavior - cant invade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troop Ship behavior - cant invade

I am invading an enemy system. My fleet is huge (hundreds of ships with the highest tech possible) and contains about a dozen transports. There is only one race in the system, I am taking full control of all battles, yet landing troops is never offered, even during bombardment phase. My only option is eradication.

If you are talking about Orion, then it is no bug. Just the game limitation.

Comment

Probably because the New Orions allready created a new fleet in that system. Hit "b" twice and see.

Comment

Maybe it's a silly thing, but do you have troops in your transport?
        It happend to me, the first time I was playing that I created Transports but did not load troops into.

Comment

You can have up to 10 taskforces in a battle. If one of the ten is a transport taskforce, then you can land troops. I had this problem. Get some of the combat taskforces out of the system, so you have 9 or less of them, then at least one of the "best 10" will have to be a transport TF.

Hope this works.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yes, the transport troop MUST participate in the battle in order to land troops ... If you have more than 10 task forces then the troop one may stay out of the battle and wont be able to land troops thereafter.
            Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

This is why you should redesign troopships in the late game making them dreadnaught sized, with best shields, armour, PD and about 3 troop pods. Oh - and engines that let them keep up with the rest of the fleet. Then put the troopships into Armadas with some shooting ships too. That way you're not wasting too much of the 10 TF limit.

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

making strong offensive troop transport TFs is a good idea, but just remember to have dedicated fighting TFs too. Because when you land the troops in a transport task force, that task force gets automatically disbanded

Comment

That's why it's better to keep the troop transport fleet as their own and sent them with 1 round delay...

Comment

Working...
                  X