Magnates and terraforming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnates and terraforming...

First a question: Is there another way of getting magnate races to join your empire other that sending a colony ship?

After I send a colony ship to a magnate planet, will the AI start terraforming it, thus making the magnates leave?

Can I build ground troops with the magnate races (plant people for example)?

Thanks for the info...

1. You can conquer planets with magnates. Same type of thing if you conquer a planet of another race.

2. If you send a colony ship to a magnate planet, and establish a colony it will be a sweetspot. That planet is already a sweetspot for the magante race. And since the magnate race is the majority on the planet, it will show up as a sweetspot, and terraforming will keep it a sweetspot for whatever race is the majority on the planet.

3. Yes. Anything any planet builds will be of the race that is the majority on the planet. (Including conquered races). This includes ground troops (I like building gragantuan ground troops, especially if I am a weak ground fighter), and also even works for colony ships. This is why some people make it a point to colonize magnates as early as possible, so that those planets can produce their own colony ships (which will treat other types of planets as sweetspots/green, etc.)... unfortunately, there is currently no way to look at an uncolonized planet from a viewpoint that is different than your default race..

Comment

Great response. Thank you.

1. I figure that means I can simply send a troop transport with enough troops and conquer the planet.

2....so my own people will most likely migrate away if they dont find the planet attractive. But will they ever fall under 1.0?

Comment

It can happen that the minor population will migrate to other planets because usually magnate civ planets are not best suited for normal races...

Comment

Originally posted by AntaranX

It can happen that the minor population will migrate to other planets because usually magnate civ planets are not best suited for normal races...
          This can also include planets (in systems that you have explored) that haven't been colonized yet. The magnate race establishes a new colony for you without even needing a colony ship .

Comment

Originally posted by intrigue
            ... unfortunately, there is currently no way to look at an uncolonized planet from a viewpoint that is different than your default race..
            Wrong. Use the planets tab on the main map. You can view any planet from the perspective of any of the major races and the Patch will add the Magnate races as well.

Check out the MAgnate Civs. Assimilation, conquest or ... ? thread for strategy dissussions on this topic.
            ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
            "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
            Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Originally posted by intrigue
              1. You can conquer planets with magnates. Same type of thing if you conquer a planet of another race.
              How do you conqure a magnate planet? I have tried, but to no effect. I tried creating a transport TF in the system and to fly it in, but I never get the option to attack the planet.
              Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
              Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin the Dane

How do you conqure a magnate planet? I have tried, but to no effect. I tried creating a transport TF in the system and to fly it in, but I never get the option to attack the planet.
                If the planet is yellow from your perspective, send two colony ships, if it's red send four. When you gain control you will notice that your race has a pop of about 1 and the magnate race has a pop of 5-7 usually. You cannot send a ground force to attack it because there is no enemy to attack.
                ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Thanks Flinx, then all is as I thought.

I was afraid I was mistaken since noone commented on intrigue's claim that you could concure magante planets just like planets belonging to any other race.
                  Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
                  Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Magnate civ conquest

You may also simply send an outpost ship to thos planet. Once landed, you may set migration to it on the planets panel to speed up the process of creation of a real colony. It's a bi longer than sending a colony ship but soooo cheaper !

Comment

Working...
                    X