Quick Mod Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Mod Question

I haven't taken the time to look into modding this game myself, but was wondering if there is a way to modify the number of votes the New Orions get in the Senate?

Basically, I like the diplomatic victory option but with the NO typically just sitting around in the home system and not making friends they lose thier domainating iron fist in the senate too early for my taste. Is there any way to, let's say triple thier senate votes without fooling around with the other races number of senate votes?
    "Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Not sure about this one. What i've found so far is that the vote is directly related to population, except the NO's get a 1000 bonus vote. Perhaps increasing their population growth to extreme rates in racemodifiers will help them get more votes. If anyone else has an idea please share

Comment

Well, someone could find out how to make the New Orions allowed to expand... that would make them less likely to lose their dominance early in the game. Not quite sure how to do that myself though... I've figured out how to customize homeworlds, races, task forces, specials and random events... and a few other things, still haven't found anything about senate votes though.

Comment

Aquiantus: Is the NO 1000 vote bonus hard coded or can the bonus be modded to say 2500-3000?

It would be interesting to see the NO to expand out of thier home system, but I have a feeling that would be a game balance nightmare. I sure wouldn't want to start in the galactic core
        "Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Comment

The antarans (new orions) have diplomatic videos and the like so my guess is the programmers removed their diplomatic functions due to time constraints. They orriginally were supposed to be just like any other race in the diplomatic sense. If that were put into action, their expansion would pose little threat unless someone made an ally out of them and used them to say... weaken your foes while you conquer them

Comment

I can't find the variable for the bonus in the .mob files. However I did find this entry in the wsMasterNotes.txt

Once the bill is seconded, each empire has three Galactic Cycles in which to vote. The number of votes is based on the population of that empire (except for the Orions, who also have a 1,000-vote "founding member" bonus)

Comment

Working...
            X