Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about siloid and magnate races

Hello,

I am a newbie to MOO3 and despite the bad reviews, etc, etc... my curiosity was challenged by the fact lots of people hate the game when the other half just love it, and I buy the game. I begin several game with different races, to learn the mechanism while reading the useless manual , and so far I have not applied any mod (though I heard Colin the Grey's mod greatly enhanced the game, and some of the encyclopedia mod are really worthy to take on).

Something I have noticed:

I have tried a game with silicoid, and have noticed than when I colonise a magnate planet, population dropped down very quickly: because I was not producing food anywhere on my empire (I eat minerals you see ), the magnates were starving to death.

Even if I force the viceroy to construct Bioharvesting DEA (and not only Mining DEA), the time they appear the population has quickly declined.

What is weird is that after I have asked the viceroy to produce Bioharvesting DEA, it continues to produce some of them, but because the planet is not friendly (to me ? to the magnate race ?) and most of the terrain are far away from fertile, the AI produce some BuiHarvesting DEA with a +0 Food income.

Is something wrong here, or am I missing the point ?

Cat

Not realy that sounds about right. If you do not have ariable land, it will be hard to produce food. Once you can get some tech to boost food production that will help.
    I would think that it would be a reasonable idea to force some food production on your planets before you start conquering other races, so you will not strave them out.

Comment

another thing is that often, the original magnate race planet you colonize, slowly but surely, the magnate race population becomes a minority, while your own population becomes a majority.

It's okay, because the magnate race is just emmigrating to greener pastures.

But for sure, have some bioharvesting DEAs set up. At least so your economy produces some food or else any race you get will just die. And even though silicoids don't eat food, the excess is sold off and generates revenue.

Comment

that number means excess food.

0 just indicates that it is not making any excess food.

Until a colony has BioHarvest, that new colony has to get food from somewhere.

When another planet (older) has a green number, and the new colony has a yellow number, that means that the new colony is getting food from the excess that the green colored number planet under the food icon has.

When it turns red, the food is blocked probably due to another species going through the Star System.

If you defend the Planet, your population will keep going down, until it turns yellow again for that number.

And if the alien species does not leave, then I would probably fight it.

It is also a good way to block one of their colonies from growing, and also will decrease their population of their new colony.

Some species expand more, because of the type of specie they are, and blocking their food is a good way to limit somewhat how fast that new colony of theirs will grow.

Also, it may lead to a War or some kind of Diplomacy!

Comment

Thanks all for your reply.

Cat

Comment

Working...
          X