No announcement yet.

Missiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I'm not rigid about the fun/challenging issue.

I got up to 2nd national category in chess (really mediochre) 15 years ago, then I suddenly stopped, because I realised that the killer instinct and the bloodlust, the only things that were actually supporting my interest, had suddenly run dry.

About combat modes I'm wondering then...
    as you *have* the option to watch, and thus the related mechanics and code IS already embedded in the game, why couldn't have been organised a PBEM-Hosted mode, in which turn *orders* are sent to a host, and he executes the moves simultaneously, combats being resloved that way, like in Stars! or Diplomacy....

I know, I usually claim that stripping tactical combat for pbem is mutilating a game, but OTOH as I'm NOT an IP MP guy, I'd better have a mutilated pbem than no pbem at all...
    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Best stick with SMAC. Nothing better for PBEM.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
      X