MOO3 1st in selling chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO3 1st in selling chart

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Get a look and you'll see MOO3 is ranked 1st in selling charts. Maybe a fast income, but doesn't mean consumers will all be hardcore MOO3 fans afterwards... Anyway, it sells whatever if people like it.
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

First week on the shelves. People were buying it in expectation. Now go check the number of copies being sold at Ebay...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Still #12 among all PC/video games on Amazon.com as of about six hours ago. All the bad reviews haven't stopped a decent sell-through. It gives me hope we'll get more TBS titles.

Comment

Don't worry... All eggs aren't in a same basket: Galactic Civilizations is coming and no-NDA-betatest-proved.
        Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Originally posted by Trifna
          Don't worry... All eggs aren't in a same basket: Galactic Civilizations is coming and no-NDA-betatest-proved.
          I wouldnot get my hope for Galactic Civiliaztions up too hight.
          By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesBHoff

Why ? All signs are that Galciv team made right everything that Moo3 team got wrong : clear design , focus on THAT design, complete dedication to the game and community, open betatest with much feedback taken into account....The list goes on and on.

Look at Galciv site vs MOO3 : Galciv has SEVERAL daily updates, replays, new info of all kind, and the team and their boss (Brad Wardell) are always present and eager to reply.
            At MOO3 you're greeted with "MOO3 went Gold" screen, and last update is "Moo3 released"...
            Last edited by PDifolco; March 17, 2003, 06:19.

Comment

MOO3 was one of the most pre-hyped games the web has ever seen. Pre-release info even included data dumps prior to the redesign. Personally, I will wait for forum feedback, something I didn't do with MOO3.

Comment

Pop over to the GalCiv forum here at 'poly and you'll be able to get some straight answers. I've had both Brad (boss) and Wrpstorm (beta) telling me what they think is "wrong" with GalCiv, quite different to MoO3, I think you'll agree. They are very honest about what their game is not, unlike the MoO3 people who always gave us over-positive info, and raised unrealistic expectations.

Having said that, this is a business. We'll see which method sells the most copies. :cynicalsmilie:

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

It's not the method, it's the name. With "Master of Orion" on the box, you could bring a reskinned Minesweeper into the Top10. Or at least you could, now the name is ruined forevermore.

Comment

War of Art,
                    I'm not sure of what you mean with "what is wrong" in GalCiv : if you're talking about Human-race only SP, no tac combat, this may be repulsive to some but they are assumed design decisions...
                    It's not like if the AI couldn't attack, the automated build options were not really uncheckable, the combat system was a mess of pixels, diplomacy didn't make sense - find a pattern here ?

Comment

Hunh. I actually like MOO3. Could it be because *gasp* I wasn't stupid enough to read/listen to the hype? However, GalCiv isn't the sort of thing I'm interested, from what news and such I've read. I like my tactical combat.
                      Contrary to what many believe. MOO3 does NOT suck. If you think it does, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacken
                        Hunh. I actually like MOO3. Could it be because *gasp* I wasn't stupid enough to read/listen to the hype? However, GalCiv isn't the sort of thing I'm interested, from what news and such I've read. I like my tactical combat.
                        Guess you're not a civver then?
                        - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                        - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                        - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

As of now (3/20 evening, western USA), amazon.com still shows MOO3 at #14 in its PC/video game sales chart (updated daily), despite some of the worst customer review scores I've ever seen on amazon. At #14, it might still be amazon's top selling PC only title, since most sales are console titles now.

I like (modded) MOO3, and hope the patches help, but I'm amazed that sales are this strong, given the number of disappointed early purchasers. At least the strong sales should support a decent patch effort.

Comment

Not totally surprising. The Editorial Review is shown first and a lot of buyers probably wouldn't look past it, regardless of how tenuous it's hold on reality is.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesBHoff

Unlike MOO3, with GalCiv we have detailed gameplay examples and a lot more explicit descriptions of how the game works and what it is and isn't going to do. It also wasn't caught up in delays for two years, which is another good sign.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X