PathFinding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PathFinding

The ships will always plot a course through Orion even if they can't passed through it. It is not logical as ships should not use unexplored system. I wonder if tweaking the StarlaneAI.txt will help avoid this problem.

The Values within the StarLanesAI seem to determine, how likely the AI (I assume also the Viceroy) will upgrade or downgrade the Starlanes leading to other Systems, depending on your Military-Political Settings (for example "Peace through Strength") and the relations between your Empire and the Empire which inhabits the Systems where the Starlanes end.
    Starlanes to friendly empires will more like be improvd while Starlanes to enemy Empires will be downgraded (if you have one of the two "Peace"-Setting activated) or upgraded ("Total War" or "Holy War" - Settings)

The costs for upgrading / downgrading can be found within the Starlanes.txt

So I assume that any changes within this file would change nothing for the Pathfinding AI.

One thing I don´t know though is, if those files are still in use or if the upgrading and downgrading of Starlanes has been discarded so that these files are just remains of a former Version of the Game.
    Last edited by Proteus_MST; March 16, 2003, 11:55.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I have not seen any evidence up starlane upgrades so far.

Comment

I have seen my Ships later in the Game moving really fast within Systems of my own Empire.

But I am not sure, how much of this can accounted for by better Warp Engines and how much could be by better Starlanes.
        Of course there has never been a Message about "Sytem X has upgraded its Starlane to System Y"

So I am also not sure about the File getting used by the Game.
        A Comment of one of the Designers / Programmers of the Game would be very helpful.
        Maybe Rantz or Chantz want to comment on this?
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I have noticed that the starlanes in and around my Empire have changed colour to blue, and some white ones are more prominent than others. Whether this is a result of improved starlanes or simply showing which ones i "control", i am not sure, and since my ships engine upgrades come in quickly i cant tell whether its those or the starlanes making them move faster

Comment

Starlanes change their colour to blue when both stars at their end are explored.

Upgrading/downgrading of starlanes was cut. There are a lot of entries for cut features in the spreadsheets, which makes it difficult to find out what can be changed and what not.

Comment

Working...
            X