Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will the AI surrender when a war is hopeless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will the AI surrender when a war is hopeless?

If an AI empire is losing badly, say down to 1 star system, will it offer to surrender?
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

No so far. You can even blast them down to one planet and they may never even consider you to be at war.

Comment

I haven't seen unconditional surrenders yet. I've seen conditional surrenders, but I don't know what they do, other than serve as a longer term cease-fire, after 5 or six or ten turns, back to war.

Comment

It has happend to me twice, I have no clue why it did it though.

Comment

May be the surrendered side pays reparations?
          Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

surrenders

It should be quite straight forward, in the manual it says that you'll pay somekind of tribute.

Comment

I've never had an enemy surrender. What did happen once was just before I wiped out a race (only a couple of systems left) all of a sudden I got a message that the race had been exterminated. On the next turn I suddenly made contact with a new race (of the same species) that inhabited the same systems. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comment

New race, same species? Sounds like a revolt to me. I had a few planets do that to me. I'd guess if your empire's small enough it could overthrow you.

Comment

That would definitely be a revolt. I had about fifty doom stars around the Harvester homeworld last game, and the same thing happened to me. Oddly enough, those harvesters didn't try to war against me, either...
                  Contrary to what many believe. MOO3 does NOT suck. If you think it does, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

Comment

Yep... They surrended and paid large amounts of cash for the luxury of peace.

Comment

just out of curiosity, when you're at war and in the peace option list there's two surrender options, are those offering or demanding? Thanks in advance.
                      Hail! to the victors valient!
                      Hail! to the conquering heroes!
                      Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
                      the leaders and the best!

Comment

They are surrender offerings so you'll end up in a situation that you pay tribute to the opponent...

Comment

I've gotten the psilons to surrender unconditionally to me at one point, and all that happens is war is ended. I demanded much of their tech and planets, and they said no, and there were no repercussions. So I destroyed them.

Comment

I had the revolt thing happen with the harvesters in my current game I was exterminating them as is proper to do with their ilk, then when they were down to 2 or three outpost sized systems and a homeworld, the original race was "exterminated" and a new version popped up with different colors and a willingness for peace negotiations.

Comment

I for one hope the Ithkul breed a little faster in my current game. Cleansing Ithkul-infected planets from orbit is the only thing keeping my two supporters in that role, and I'm down to about 8 (Ithkul) systems. Everyone else has declared war against me. Heck, they even voted me into the Senate just so that they could UNANIMOUSLY condem me (no kidding, I would have liked to have known who nominated/seconded/voted on letting me in, as I was immediately the largest voting block by a third). You know, there really should be a SitRep message telling you that you've been voted into the Senate. I only noticed because all of a sudden I made diplomatic contact with 4 races in one turn. And then found the bill for Condeming me, though it wouldn't let me vote on it.

Edit: Oops, forgot that the NO are sitting the war out as well. Maybe they don't mind the fact that I'm killing the Ithkul, but don't want to lower themselves enough to thank me. It's funny, every time I take out another Ithkul planet, I know that as soon as I finish combat, my SitRep will tell me I've got Diplomatic Messages, and it will be my two supporters thanking me for my actions. And yet neitther of them are at war with the Ithkul, and the races that are just hate me that much more. Maybe they want a piece of the action too?
                              Last edited by Eric S; March 17, 2003, 16:28.

Comment

Working...
                              X