Nukes, Chem, Bio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nukes, Chem, Bio

(This was posted before but I wanted to try it again.)

Does anyone know what the effects are for each of the 3 special weapon authorizations (Nuclear, Biological, & Chemical weapons) ?

-D

I've noticed small advantages when attacking. One effect is if they're banned the NOs will come out of hiding and kick your a** all over the galaxy. I've had as much success with them as without them so I usually only deselect them if I'm trying to keep collateral damage to a minimum.

Comment

What's the difference between the 3? Are all races affected by bio and chem equally?

-D

Comment

In terms of Ground Combat effect,
        -The use of any or all of these non-conventional weaponries increase combat damage and overall likelihood of compaign success, at a price.

- Nuclear weapon increases the chance of dealing collateral damage to buildings (mostly military). It also damage the environment, making it less habitable, and as well as cause civilian casuatlities. In addition, unlike the other weapons, it give your troop one extra number of attack, as well as more strength per attack than the other two.

- Biological weapon increases the chance of causing deterioriation to the environment, as well as causing civilian casualties.

- Chemcial weapon increases the overall chance of dealing collateral damage to mlitary istallations, eonomic fcilities (i.e. any buildings not military related), civilizan population, and/or the environment.

- Note that actual collateral damage is modified by the use of these weapons, as well as the collateral damage setting. However, even at low collateral damage setting and no authorization of non-conventional weapons, collateral damage will still occur, the frequency and extent of damage is in general proportional to the compaign length (i.e. number of shots fired, how many turns it drag on)

In terms of other aspects of the game
        - If you are in the Senate and banning bills are passed, not only will the NOs and fellow members have less respect for you, unrest level may also increase within your empire.

-Gateway103
        Last edited by Gateway103; March 14, 2003, 20:40.

Comment

It seems that Nuke always generate Unrest at least that when it sounds when I read the ban on Nukes Proposol.
          If I Recall correctly it says it raises Unrest generated by Nukes furthermore by 50% ?
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
          X