No announcement yet.

Can I Get Tech Through Conquest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course this trick is valid if you are using the slow cunning :-) I am robbing everyone - when I get enough spying tech I can even rob the New Orions who does have ALL of the techs. This way I am getting ALL of the techs too :P

The humans with their democracy are pathetic indeed. Once I inserted a political spy into their empire. He lived there until he retired after many turns, killing every new leader they got, and blowing up a lots of (governmental?) buildings.
    Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

The Humans are just pathetic generally (aren't we?).

BTW Bakalov, I compared your custom Cynoids with my custom Eoladi. You do get a few picks more, I have to cut cunning and creativity a bit to keep the rest the same. I suppose that makes up for not getting any good planets as the Cynoids.

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I allways send 3 or 4 scientific spies when the enemy is down to 1 solar system, just before thay vanish (ok, i conquer them). It seems that my spies have better chances than. Probably the enemy can't risk to rise the o-metter, he needs production, not unrest or even revolt.

Comment

I have set my O to 3 or 4,
          but my defensive Spies do a great job.

Of my last 2 Leaders one died of age and the other in an accident not connected to Spying.

It really help that I (playing the Psilons) am the Leader in Technology (My Level 34-37 Techs to their mostly Level 24-25-Techs, there is only one other Race aside from the NO, which has at least one Tech Level at 30).

Normally I try to have at least 2 Spies in every field, but I set my Priority to Social, (Political (if Leaders present) OR Economic (if I currently have no Leaders)) and Diplomatic, i.e. I try to keep those three fields always at 2 Spies even if it means, that the other fields will have only one defensive Spy for a short time.

Spies which are low on Luck (5-8) I usually send on Missions into other Empires (where they, which is interesting, last longer than defensive Spies. Where Defensive Spies have their Luck going down by one every turn, the offensive spies seem to have their Luck going down just every couple of turns, so a Spy with a Luck of 5 can without Problems last 10 truns or more in an offensive role).
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Prothero
            I allways send 3 or 4 scientific spies when the enemy is down to 1 solar system, just before thay vanish (ok, i conquer them). It seems that my spies have better chances than. Probably the enemy can't risk to rise the o-metter, he needs production, not unrest or even revolt.
            I've cordoned off a system or two and started flooding them with spies. Stealing goes much better when they can barely survive.

Comment

Re: Can I Get Tech Through Conquest?

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
              I've conquered numerous planets in the hope of obtaining some new tech that I seem to be unable to trade for but all I get is a world full of angry, gun-toting creatures.....
              It's going to be in the patch:

Modified ground combat results so that capturing a planet also gives you a random tech from the other empire.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Where did you see that? Do they give a list of fixes and is this from QS or just someone "in the know?"

Comment

There's a thread here where they're posting each thing they fix, as they do it :

Enjoy.

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Ooooooooo! I noticed the thread was closed after three posts. I wonder if it's only open to QS?

I'm glad they're fixing that. Now if we can get them to add that when you acquire a tech outside the realm of what you have researched it opens up new avenues of technology.

Of course, that's on the wishlist.

Comment

Can you copy and paste that fix list, please. They never responded to my requests to fix my #$&*##$*$& account for last 3 months. No, I wasn't banned because I haven't made a post yet.

Comment

@Crostoneman: Check out this apolyton thread:

"Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                        X