production bugs or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• production bugs or something else?

I realize that there is much that is buggy and much that is not understood still in the game, but I thought I would see if anyone recognized or knew anything about the following.

1. Very often, I see discrepencies in how much stuff costs. Both the planetary and military queues seem effected, and for that matter the DEA prices also seem to sometimes be wildly different between planets. Is there any known reason for this or has anyone else observed this? When its the difference in something I remember costing 300 now costing 400 PPs, it isn't that annoying, but lately its sometimes been the difference in 300 and 600-1000 PPs, and that's a bit much.

2. I'm playing my first game getting into the high technology levels. I was very much looking forward to a lvl 40 math technology "dual fighter plasma cannons", which seemed to have the potential to make incredible carriers. But now that I've researched it, the option doesn't seem to be listed with my other fighter models. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

3. Is there actually, at any forum or some official page, a list of suspected bugs or known issues?

We have one here and the dev know of our site. One is on IG forum and many others such as Orion Sector.

Comment

Have you heard something about the HFOG :-) The real cost = original cost * HFOG ...... Very BAD thing, indeed ...
      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Oh my! I thought that HFOG only affected stuff like a percentage representation of what was lost from empire-wide taxes and fundings. I didn't realize it was a PP cost multiplier.

So I can reduce HFOG by cutting my empire level taxes and correspondingly increasing my planet-level taxes? Is there other stuff besides this and economics techs that can reduce HFOG once its already in place? I've heard that lowwering the oppressometer makes it less likely to grow in the first place, but I don't recall lowering it having a potential to reduce it.

Also, any ideas about the fighter dual plasma cannons? I had had great plans for that tech, and the fact that I seem unable to use it complicates things.

Comment

I posted in another thread, but will post it here too - the MOST effective way to reduce HFOG is to change your government periodically. You can change it 2 or 3 times in 2 or 3 turns for best result, if you can handle the unrest .... I usually change to another govt for 1 turn and then back to my favourite.

If a government stays for too long, it becomes corrupted ... That is the main idea behind all this.

And for the dual plasmas - I don't know ......

Comment

High oppresometer makes the HFOG rising faster, as does the forced labor meter. The techs you mentioned are making it rising slower, thats all. But it is always rising .... Changing government reduces it.

The HFOG does not do anything with taxes.
            The loses from the imperial treasury ar always at 5% (not 100% sure on this, though) of the spent money + the debt interest paid (a relatively small amount - you can see it on the Finances -> Ledger). I explained it elsewhere about the debt, and why there is debt ....

Comment

Originally posted by black mole

Also, any ideas about the fighter dual plasma cannons? I had had great plans for that tech, and the fact that I seem unable to use it complicates things.
              Dual plasma cannons are a modification for the standard plasma cannons. Just pick Plasma fighters and you will have the posibility to dual, just like Armour or Shields for fighters. However, I didn't notice any difrence in the listed damage potential, just a increas in space requirements.

Comment

Ah. I don't believe I have the plasma fighters technology on my tree. I guess that would be the problem, huh?

Comment

Bad luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X