Moo2 crashing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moo2 crashing help

OK. I have win2k. The game runs fine when i use the compat utility, and the game runs fine when i simply run orion95.exe

until

what i assume happens is another race tries to contact me. then the game crashes and i get an error:

DIPLOMAT.LBX [entry 15] exceeds number of LBX entries
    i had some other various .lbx errors like that until i did some tweaking (turning off directdraw in dxdiag and patching to 1.31)

so the game runs fine except for this specific instance. perhaps my diplomat.lbx file is corrupt? i've reinstalled twice.

btw, when i run orion in DOS mode, it works fine except the cursor is stuck in the upper left hand area of the screen and is therefore useless.

can anyone shed some light on this?
    if you can read this, im going to kill you

btw my DIPLOMAT.LBX file is 238k big. :-)

Comment

yay! i think i fixed it. just deleted the file and the game didn't crash this time! :-D

Comment

whoa, whoa, now i got a new problem. i played for a while and suddenly the screen got all messed up and eventually the whole thing was black except for the cursor! whats the deal? anything to stop this?

Comment

happened again after just about 15 minutes of restarting moo2 and loading that game. dang annoying.

Comment

I wish I could help, but I never had W2K. I saw it at work a few years back, but is not a very strong platform for games as it does not have much in the way of support for Direct X and Direct Draw. I have not had any games from as far back as MoM and Moo fail to work for me XP PRO.

Comment

Working...
            X