Racial Customizing Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racial Customizing Bug?

I’ve played a little with customizing races and I’ve noticed one oddity – Choosing to be on or off the Senate take 10 pick points. I can see that choosing to be on the Senate would cost, but why would choosing to be off cost the same? Shouldn’t this be –10 points?

I can understand why someone wouldn’t want to be on the Senate, but not being on is a liability since it effectively limits the President win.

I think this is a bug and that QS should look into it. Or, it is possible I don’t understand and am in need of illumination.

Second time I get to explain this, wee!!

It's not a bug. You can engineer a race to suck at diplomacy, for instance, and then not being in the senate would be much better as you would be far less likely to be overrun early. Additionally pacifist races may prefer to be out of the senate in a galaxy arm, so that they may build up ample technology.

Being in or being out of a senate is a pro or a con depending on your racial configuration.

Comment

You can also disable the being elect senta president victory so not being in the senta can be than asset.
      By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Even with the senate victory off, there are advantages and disadvantages to being in the senate. If you start in the senate, expect to get pounded by spies from the get go. However, you can also form alliances and trade/research agreements from the start.

Comment

Working...
        X