One thing I miss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I miss...

So I lied when i said i was going to give Moo3 a break.

One of the things I really appreciated about MOO2 was the ability to have it automatically resolve the attack for you if you so chose.

If there's a way to do this in MOO3, i'm missing it; if there isn't, i really wish there were. After all, when i'm in the middle of trying to build a massive fleet, i can't be bothered with such trivialities as defending my home system now, can i?

That, and I wish the mouse button commands were more obvious; i lost a lot of my early battles because my ships wouldn't attack~ silly me, i was left-clicking, not right-clicking; and silly cursor, it didn't change when i did either.
    B♭3

You can cede control of the battle when you are engaged. You have to do this before you get to tactical combat.

Comment

The most common reason that they appear not to attack is that they do not have good enough sensors to see the enemy at that range. Once the AI launched and is there for detected, they will engage if you just sit on your hands.

Comment

Semi-related question: How does the AI launch missiles/fighters without a target? I know it does, I've seen it do it on "watch." More reasons that I only control combat when I have a good reason to (I want to control bombardment/invasion, I suspect that I'll want to retreat, or I've got an unconventional force that needs to be handled in a non-standard way).

Comment

harry, i don't want to cede control of the system. moo2 had it so that the game would automagically determine who the winner was, without having to go to the battle screen, without having to do anything other than click a button.

i miss that.
          B♭3

Comment

You don't cede control of the system, you cede control of the battle and let your AI take care of it, which then gives you the results screen as the computer works out the combat for you, which was what you want i believe. Trust me, i've done it

Comment

hmm. perhaps i need a better fleet then. seems like i lose control of the system whenever i do that, but if i do it manually, which is awfully tedious, i win.
              B♭3

Comment

Well i done it with a scout ship encountering a Guardian, i ceded and it came up saying i was defeated. I couldn't have ceded the system as it wasn't mine to control, so that's what i'm basing it on. If it does cede the system, surely you wouldn't lose ur fleet? Well, thats how i see it anyway, and im pretty sure its just ceding control of the battle to your admiral

Comment

That's what Cede Control does, it has the AI handle the battle. I usually do this when I have a planet blockaded. It saves a lot of time.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                  X