Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to create good production planets! HOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to create good production planets! HOW?

Hey I've recently been playing my 4th game with the Psilons. For a while I was going ok but now my empire has sort of panned out and become crap again. Its like taking a while to build ships and stuff. What I really want to know is, how can I get good production planets? HOw many mining/industrial DEA's do I need to build? Should I leave the AI in charge of a planet I want to be like a super duper production planet (like in Moo2) Or do I have to go about it differently? Basically someone just list me the things I have to do. Cuz Im still learning how to play the game and unfortunately the manual doesn't tell me how to play?
    -Demos

Excellent question I would also love to know the answer to this.

I am having toruble understanding the whole fiancnce/economics inter-relationships. Like how does ones bank balance increase after a turn when you had a spending deficit the previous month?

Comment

Good production planets. Please bear with me if you've already heard all of this...

A lot of this depends on what race you are and if you have a magnate race. But its easy if you are an Etherean... Its import to find a large planet with a POOR designation. Get those mines rolling out on your Mineral rich planets.

Take a size 12 planet.
      Add 20 Industry DEA's
      Add 2 Recreation (Morale, Money)
      Add 2 Military (Morale, Add training to infantry)

Just produce the minerals on a mineral righ planet(s) and ship them in.

You want the highest base industry points you can get, because you pay more and more AU for more and more production points.

Space ports are always nice, because they pump out the AU, so make sure you get trade in your dev plan somewhere

Example 2:
      All Industry produces +35 IP and -25 Minerals
      (You've probable seen this before, but I have the time)

20 * 25 Minerals... 500 Off world Minerals (the amount of Minerals needed will never increase as you produce more, this is a static number)

20 * 35 Industry Points (IP)... 700 IP Now you have to add AU's to get Production Points (Think of IP's as cement and PP's (Production Points) as water. The more Manufacturing DEA's the better bang for your AU.

Here's a breakdown of the cost of production points as we start to "Water Down" our "Cement"
      1st 700 PP = 1 AU / 1 PP = 700 AU Total = 700 AU
      2nd 700 PP = 2 AU / 1 PP = 1400 AU Total = 2100 AU
      3rd 700 PP = 3 AU / 1 PP = 2100 AU Total = 4200 AU
      4th 700 PP = 4 AU / 1 PP = 2800 AU Total = 7000 AU
      5th 700 PP = 5 AU / 1 PP = 3500 AU Total = 10500 AU
      6th 700 PP = 6 AU / 1 PP = 4200 AU Total = 14700 AU

Thats 4200 PP for 14700 AU!! (21 Times more AU for 5 'extra' turns of production)

Thats alot of AU. But definately worth it on your Industrial planets. So spend your AU here and keep the production slider in the yellow on your other planets

Hope this helps!

-Sujanix

Comment

Its really the only way to go for massive production. Use the biggest planets, fill with Industry DEA's, ship in the minerals, push the production slider. Set migration to this planet too, then you'll have enough pop to operate all those Industry DEA's.

Play as Etherians (or assimilate some) to make sure you can get a few size 12 sweet spots

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

neat double post
          Last edited by Sujanix; March 11, 2003, 13:20.

Comment

the mineral richness is more important in MOO3 than any prequel: I've found so far that rich and very rich planets produce A LOT more than average and poor. The gap is huge. On those planets only a couple of mining DEAs are sufficient then ( also in the later stages of a game when having an increasing excess of overall mining, it's always good to scrap some of them in order to invest in more unrest reducing DEAs on some other colonies), then in your productive worlds build more additional industry DEAs after mid-game.

In the later stages of a game, choose only the most 4-5 productive worlds for military micromanagement, restrain and always update your design list, obsolete and de-obsolete then and now, restrain again, update again, and having rendered permanently obsolete colony/transport, and occasionally recons, ALL of your "MINOR" WORLDS ( almost big worlds after a lot of terraforming through paradise ) would normally auto-build " reasonably useful" thingies - generally the least expensive of your design list ( system ships, but heck that should be only useful when- and if- they succeed in upgrading the AI aggressivness within upcoming patches ).
            The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Sujanix, your calc is wrong - in the above situation 4200 PP will cost 700+2100+4200+7000+10500+14700 = 38200 AU, and this will be only if there is no pollution, and of course, this can't be .....
              Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

I have a planet with

6 industry
                4 mine
                2 millitary
                2 farm

Large rich planet with 21 of 57 pop and growing.

All my money is spent every turn and i am only pumping in 6% to my millitary spending and 5% combined in everything else.

Q: Do thoes industrial DEA's cost money? All my money seems to be spent even though im not producing much.

Comment

Your planet seems to need more money.
                  You can see on what are your money spent from the planet economics screen. There are 3 possibilities:

- Production
                  - Maintainance
                  - Pollution (cleaning up the waste)

To get high production you will need more money. Here are some tips how to do this:

-Try building economic buldings like Planetary Commodity Market they will increase your tax income.
                  -Built at least one government DEA in the system to increase the tax income.
                  -Build spaceports and upgrades to improve your trade income. Increase their efficiency by pushing the policy towards "Peace and Prosperity" and lowering the opressometer if possible.
                  -Build pollution reduction buildings to reduce spending for pollution.
                  -Build an Unrest reduction DEAs (Military, Recreation) - one of each type and raise the tax percent on the planet. Hint: you can build these on a neighbour planet and they still will have effect on this one.
                  -Reduce the system and imperial tax and increase the planet taxes.
                  -Increase the population even more - even with migration.

If this is not enough, then the situation is hopeless :-)

Comment

Something else: if your planet is red or yellow you will be paying increased maintainance costs. Try terraforming the planet to a better ring.

Comment

Got it... My global taxes were to high. I lowered the overall tax rate down, increased the planets tax base, and added a government DEA.

Now it pumps!
                      Thanks!

Comment

I'm fine with being wrong on my calc =) .. It was 5am in the morning for me..

(Does your cost include pollution or do we really pay 1 AU for the first set of 700 & 3 AU for the second set of 700?.. I guess my I understood the ratio differently)

and I agree pollution does add in to the cost... I was trying to illustrate the fact that production(& pollution) does get more expensive as you go, which you illustrated as well.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X