Troop Quality and Gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troop Quality and Gear?

Previously I had thought that troops did not upgrade their equipment, but I'm seeing that they may do so but in a confusing manner. The AI seems to have some weird preferences about their weapons and doesn't necessarily upgrade to the next available weapon system?

I traded with an ally to get enviro suits, but none of my troops upgrade to that nor are my newly built units equipped with it. Is this some kind of bug?

Also it seems like you can leave units in the reserves and after awhile they upgrade in experience?

I do know they'll upgrade in experience if you leave them in reserves. I've yet to have one reach Elite, but I'm sure one of the three hundred Hacker units I have will get it.

Comment

What I can't understand is why you can't choose a weapon for your troops. Some weapons have low Accuracy and high Initiative, some vice versa, some are good in both, others neither. I see that Auto Gauss Rifle is a good wep, but when some "newer" tech comes along they'll grab new weapons, even if they're poorer then what they have now!
      One OS to rule them all,
      One OS to find them,
      One OS to bring them all
      and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Has anyone ever built troops that wear enviro suits or battle armor? My weapons occasional upgrade as do my shields and armor material (my troops now have tritanium or something like that) but even though I have had the enviro suit tech for quite awhile none of my troops upgrade to it nor do my newly built troops use it. I'm not sure if maybe they do have it and it's not displaying properly or maybe the tech is not flagged properly because I received this tech in an exchange?

Comment

Yet another case of there being no relevent information provided to the player, i've often wondered about these myself. It would be cool if you could manually equip units like you can with ships, and would keep in line with that kind of basic military design that is already implemented in ship design.

And also, is there any restriction about what types of equipment different military units get? Like maybe Marines getting the pick of the weapons and armour or Psy-Ops getting special equipment? It would be neat and provide something else to differentiate the units.

Comment

My Troops always upgrade to the newest Armor and Environ-Suits possible.

But their Weapon stayed the same as long as I can remember.
            They always (since I used them actively and therefore looked at their Stats) use a Plasma Enveloper as Wepon.

But as my Troops most of the times are truely effective against the Enemy it doesn´t matter to me
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Haven't pais a lot of attention to the weapon/ armor upgrades, just noticed that they do upgrade, but not if they upgrade everything.

I'm wondering about experience levels, my troops in reserves do see to gain experience, but have never seen one get above 'experienced' do I need a certian improvment or a certian number of military DEAs to let them improve above 'experienced'?
              "Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                My Troops always upgrade to the newest Armor and Environ-Suits possible.

But their Weapon stayed the same as long as I can remember.
                They always (since I used them actively and therefore looked at their Stats) use a Plasma Enveloper as Wepon.

But as my Troops most of the times are truely effective against the Enemy it doesn´t matter to me
                Read something on the official forums that said a lot of people are having their troops get stuck at plasma enveloper or gauss rifle forever. I think it might be the way the AI decides to equip the troops. I like the equipment variety but some of the different weapons seem weird. Seems almost like some of the weapons are your basic small arms, while others sound more like squad support or heavy weapons.

This is really starting to tick me off I went thru 30 turns real fast and my troops till refuse to wear armor. Tried calling tech support... now that was a waste of time supposedly you can talk to someone live, but I just kept getting sent from menu to menu.

Comment

Originally posted by jc9542

Read something on the official forums that said a lot of people are having their troops get stuck at plasma enveloper or gauss rifle forever. I think it might be the way the AI decides to equip the troops. I like the equipment variety but some of the different weapons seem weird. Seems almost like some of the weapons are your basic small arms, while others sound more like squad support or heavy weapons.
                  Yep, that may be.

Or certain Races have certain Preferences.
                  I´ve started a new game and now as I´ve built my first Marines (turn 30 or 40) they are equipped with Plasma Projectors.

My Psilons seem to like Plasma Weapons.
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
                    I do know they'll upgrade in experience if you leave them in reserves. I've yet to have one reach Elite, but I'm sure one of the three hundred Hacker units I have will get it.
                    Want elite, just send your trained unit to a victorious battle. Most units survived will become elite. Some leaders with ground troops exp + can help also.

Comment

Working...
                    X