Stupid viceroys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid viceroys

How stupid can they be? Sure they help out on the micromanagement level so I don't have to tweak every little stuffs, but why don't they want to spend any money they get?

In my current game someone of my planets have 50k+ AUs in their planetery banks. And those dumb viceroys only spend a mere 8% at most, resulting in huge surplus every turn with they never spend anyway. Even setting policies to "spending" and "holy war" doesn't help.

This drives me mad that I demand QS/IG to have the option to have them drag and shot in the upcoming patch. Sure it's nice to have lots of cash, but what good does it do when the enemy fleet is knocking at your front door and you have nothing to defend with.

Also how does the AI determine splitting grants to planets? The manual states that the planet with the most need gets the most share. But how do you define that? I could have a planet with huge industrial base with huge tax income but need more funds to rush a battleship.

I had a couple of instances when a few of planets went bankrupt and had their infrastructure sold because they didn't get any imperial funds. Instead, those money went to the already ultra rich planets (see above).

Are they gonna address this issue on the patch?
    If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Doesn't it say new and developing planets get the most? And if you've got that much extra, you're probably bringing in too much cash. Lower the taxes some and the people will love you, then just crank the spending up a bit. You could also try decreasing the planet spending in finance screen, and increasing military.
    "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

I was trying to stage an invasion on a planet owned by one of my pesky neighboors who kept declaring war on me (without any explanation or appearant reason). When I checked for groundforces available I found I had one or two marines available and some 30+ hackers.

A smart viceroy would have produced 30+ marines and maybe one or two support troops. Needless to say I could not invade.
      Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannamagnus
        I was trying to stage an invasion on a planet owned by one of my pesky neighboors who kept declaring war on me (without any explanation or appearant reason). When I checked for groundforces available I found I had one or two marines available and some 30+ hackers.

A smart viceroy would have produced 30+ marines and maybe one or two support troops. Needless to say I could not invade.
        That why I alway chech what they are doing.
        By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

Anx exactly that is the reason why there's something wrong with the whole concept of the AI doing something you have to check and correct every turn.

Comment

Working...
          X