Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orion Senate.. How to get in ? (if you're not there from the beginneng, that is)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orion Senate.. How to get in ? (if you're not there from the beginneng, that is)...

Does anyone know how to get in to the orion senate Midgame ?

I have (good) diplomatic relations with *one* voting member, but can't seem to figure out how to get them to sponsor me into the senate ?

So, should i have special treaties ?
    Have diplomatic relations with more voting members ?

Good Relations with at least two Voting Members would be helpful.

If one Member of the Senate proposes the Bill, it has to be backed by u second Member till it gets into the Voting.
    If noone wants to second the Bill it gets rejected.

The second thing you have to take into Consideration is, that you need more Votes behind you than the New Orions possess (more than est. 1000), because IMHO the New Orions will always vote with "Nay" on Bills which intend to bring new Members into the Senate.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

All I can say is, if you're not in the senate from the get go, kill'em all. Your friend will accept the Senate Presidency in a second and then you'll lose. It's good to be friends but it's better to be Master!

Comment

lol If you're not in the Senate to start, do NOT let any non-Antarrean get enough power to become president if you left that victory condition on. You will be beaten soundly for no good reason.

As it stands, I think that presidency alone should not equate to victory. It's not like the New Orions can't beat the bejesus out of you still.
        The Total Mecha RPG Project

Everybody, Everybody! It's Homestar Runner time!

Comment

I got dumped in the senate after defeating a guardian. There was no message about it in the sitrep, but I immediately got asked for input on a senate bill.

It *might* have been some other race sponsoring me coincidentally on the same turn, but given that I was playing ithkul and at war with every other race in the game I consider it unlikely.

Comment

First of all, I saw the new orions propose an induction into the senate and then voted for it... The bastards, I had just hit enough votes to win, then this other more powerful race got put in, so they won (my first game).

Beyond that stroke of luck method, I would say that it might be possible in multiplayer but not against the stupid AI, so kill em all.
            Hail! to the victors valient!
            Hail! to the conquering heroes!
            Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
            the leaders and the best!

Comment

Well, my reason for entering the senate is this :

I (foolishly) forgot to uncheck the Senate victory condition, and are going for sole survivor...

..I wanted to get in the senate to *keep* the Orions in power while i assimilate the rest of the galaxy (their resistance WILL be futile)

I am *the* power in the galaxy, and do not want to loose this game by getting some stupid "XXX was elected president -> you loose"...

Comment

Actually, I believe you need to have two allies in the Senate. One to sponsor you, one to second it. The only time I've been on good terms with two races, I was already in the Senate. When I start out of the Senate, I'm usually in too much of a hurry to explore/expand towards the core to be nice to everyone in my way.

Comment

Originally posted by velkoris
                  I got dumped in the senate after defeating a guardian. There was no message about it in the sitrep, but I immediately got asked for input on a senate bill.

It *might* have been some other race sponsoring me coincidentally on the same turn, but given that I was playing ithkul and at war with every other race in the game I consider it unlikely.
                  I've killed three and no dice. I'm at war with everyone in the Senate but the New Orions and control about 120 planets. I guess they don't want me in because I could win it on the first vote.

Comment

Mhh it seems that at least 3 ppl shall be in senate.. simply kill of till there are only 2 Senatemembers left and presto! ;=)
                    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I don't think bringing the current senate members down to two will do it...

I recently started a game and the whole Senate consisted only of me and the New Orions... For a while I tried to get others in, but the New Orions simply will never vote for that.

I don't know why, since it would only increase their power and legitimacy as ruler of the galaxy. Not like the 1000 votes were going to be overcome by adding the Rula's 4 planets and eight ships to the Senate.

Comment

I had 3 friends in the senat when i was invited. After i conquerd one of them (they all were colonising inside my borders, but this one had colonized a planet in my HOME SYSTEM, aghh, the unbeareble insult) i was kicked out. I was reinvited just in time to vote for president, unfortunatly i was not one of the candidates, despite the fact that i had more votes then all of them. Probably because i was a newcomer. Guess the New Orions just needed my votes.

Comment

I had a game where I was the only one in the senate :-) I expelled everyone until there was I and the New Orions only. Then I killed them and was the only member of the senate :-) I still got the option to vote and the president candidates were me and an empty box :-) Then I voted for the empty box not wanting the game to finish this way :-)

Cool, heh?
                          Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Orion senate almost useless

Seems like the Orion senate itself (if you don't want to play with victory rule "orion senate presidency") is almost useless. Seems like even if you do have good relationship with almost everybody in the senate you still don't get any backup for your bill voes. When you get kicked out I've never managed to enter there again otherways than just eliminated all others than your allies on the senate.

Comment

You can get some benefical laws that can help you a little :-) Like increased spaceport efficiency for example.
                              And if you are the only member, only you will be getting the benefits.
                              Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
                              X