2nd and 3rd planets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd and 3rd planets

What is the most important things to do with them? And what do you do with the home planet once they are capable of building something?

This is the critical part of most 4x games. It will determine much of the rest of the game. What do you shoot for with MoO3?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Well i think it really depends on what they are, if they are Very rich planets i think it's natural that they will become a major part of your mining/industy. If they are mineral poor i usually make them research colonies. Although a couple of games ive colonised some inbetween worlds 2nd and 3rd and they never became really usefull, although i should be able to fix that with time

Comment

My second and third planets are the first two size 6+ rich/very rich planets that I find and I build mostly mines and industry DEAs, with just enough bioharvesting to keep them alive long enough to find a large, poor, arable+ planet to allow them to grow longer term. You really need those two planets in the starting system or one star lane away. They will be, as you say, the industrial base of your empire for a long time and early ships are very slow so if you don't find your second/ third sites for 10+ turns, then take another 10+ turns to get a colony ship there (especially for the first colonization), you will be lagging well behind on the development curve. That is also why I always build a system colony or starship colony first (depending on whether there is a second prime site in my home system).
      wbe

Comment

The third world would always have some sort of mad dictator for a viceroy. I had to spend an excruciating time checking on him every five minutes to see him creating a massive industry base which hordes all the minerals in my empire so he could build weapons of mass destruction. This severly limits my development plans because usaully I had to garrison it with half of all my military might just to keep him in line.

Comment

I suspect that having some solid planets in the home systems is very important. It will be less stressful (read unrest) if the systems are close. I want them to have large numbers of regions.

Comment

The third world would always have some sort of mad dictator for a viceroy. I had to spend an excruciating time checking on him every five minutes to see him creating a massive industry base which hordes all the minerals in my empire so he could build weapons of mass destruction. This severly limits my development plans because usaully I had to garrison it with half of all my military might just to keep him in line.

Comment

Funny that, you wouldn't expect to see a mad dictator creating weapons of mass destruction in the third world.....

Arrrgh, satire!

Comment

Working...
              X