Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOO 3 is brilliant, but ahead of its time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zanman
    CharlesbHoff mate whatever you are smoking please quit immediately 'cos its bad for your brain!
    Churchill never ordered the murder of Ghandi. He was annoyed by Ghandi, he was amused by him and perplexed by him, but he never ordered Ghandi killed!
    If you have evidence to the contrary please post it. I would like to know your source.
    I read it in a South Asia Newpaper online that said recently release secret doc from WW2 Home Ofice show that Churchill did order the India Viceroyal to have Ghandi murder
    than some new book on WW2 are useing this Infro in their books on WW2 to give than more fair and balance view.
    By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

CharlesbHoff ... Sorry mate I just don't believe it. Churchill and the Raj had numerous enemies and if there were any truth to it we would have heard from them by now publicly.
      Aside from the moral issues, there is no way Churchill would have killed Gandhi. In fact, the British were concerned, during the early '40's, that Gandhi would be killed by one of his own and that it would be blamed on the British Raj, and thus he would become a martyr, which is what eventually happened anyway. Its one of the reasons Gandhi was imprisoned by the British 9 times between 1943 and 1947 - for his own protection! And he was never more of a menace than when in prison!
      I would like the link to the Asian source you quote.
      But there is no way the Brits wanted Gandhi dead. He was far more dangerous dead than alive.

Comment

Sometime Churchill as smart as he was want to do dumb thing which he thought her great idear at the time. Another one of Churchill idear was to drop Anthrax bombs on Occuprate Europe in late April and Early May 1944. This was said in a book tittle " Than Highter Form of Killing", when the Brithic General told Ike about this supid idear of the Prime Minister Ike head hit the roof and Ike cable the President of
        the United State. The Genaral also told the King about PM lately supid idear an their plan to disobey the PM. I also read this same thing about Churchill wanting to murber Gandie in the New York Time and some newpaper in England
        where the cable that Churchill sent to the Viceroyal of India was print and the Viceroyal sent than urgon cable to the King about this with the Viceroyal saying he will disobey PM on this matter.

This fit in a patterson does it. I think President Bush is supid about his wanting to invade Iraq against UN autherity
        and world opin.
        By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

*cough* , I'd have to go with Darcy here. Why is the game hollow? Because the AI makes decisions that NOBODY who has ever playes a TBS would. Some people can live with that. I can't.
          When the AI, on turn 1, with 2 planets set to colonize starts builds a troop transport, thats GAME OVER for me!

Whats hollow. The fact that probably none of us know any details or characteristics of the research techs. And why should we? The AI builds ships and planetary improvments on its own. We just adjust a few sliders. Now thats what I call HOLLOW. Where did the fun part go? You tell me....

Comment

Actually I'd call it the "feel good" game of the decade.

There's not too many decisions to make except in Micromanagement FIXING of your own AI, and to count up the Victory points when you win again and again on "impossible".

-P

Comment

Re: MOO 3 is brilliant, but ahead of its time.

Originally posted by Zanman
              The harsh critics of MOO 3 should have a bit more patience in my opinion.

It is one of the most subtle games I have ever played
              That's so close to what I said last week in this same forum

This game's subtlety is precisely why so many seem to have inadequate patience for figuring it out.

As a result, some of us will like it and many people won't.

:shrug:

I agree, however... I'm one of the people who's really loving this game.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

You know, while I'm enjoying MoO3, I can certainly understand why it has its detractors. Fixing the AI and the PD bug will make this a very enjoyable game to me, but even then, the UI is rather obtuse, and I'll admit it. It does not change the fact that even with those bugs present, MoO3 has as much a one-more-turn syndrome as any other TBS game I've played (not a long list, but it includes MoO2, Civ3, SMAC, etc).

Also, if anyone has seen my tyrades about real-time combat, I just wanted to put one thing into perspective. I don't look down on real-time games or their players. It's purely a (strong) preference to me. In fact, it was Age of Empires that started me playing combat games of any sort on the PC. I just tend to get flustered trying to handle RTS games when things get out of control. In fact, I know that even in combat, there's more strategy in an RTS than just lasso-select and then right-click. There's protecting your vulnerable units, target prioritization, etc. That's definitely one place where micromanagement has distinct advantages over macromanagement.

Comment

While I was not a happy camper at first, been playing MOO3 for a week now.
                  With the flaws I syill do see the "potential" for a deep space strategy game.
                  I already have d/l and installed mods for better Tech description, Encyclopedia, a better looking Interface, new Star graphics, clearer fonts and finally but most importantly a more agresive AI mod.
                  If the Viceroys and Diplomacy get tweaked too, then maybe we'll finally have a strategy game on the level of the two classics that came before it.
                  MOO3 was not a game before its time, Its time was overdue, but only with the help of the great MOD makers will that be realized ....

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidyne
                    Actually I'd call it the "feel good" game of the decade.

There's not too many decisions to make except in Micromanagement FIXING of your own AI, and to count up the Victory points when you win again and again on "impossible".

-P
                    Game tester said they where have than almost inpossible time winning on the easy setting so two week
                    before the release data they make some change in the computer AI to tone it down abit and they didnot have than enought time to test the change they make to the computer
                    AI . It like make one change here effect 100 other thing in the program .

Comment

This game is not complex, 6 year old child can play this game after restarting couple of times.

Comment

Working...
                      X