They always hate me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They always hate me.

OK, i don't know what's going on with the AI. Every game i start within a few turns one of them will tell me to stop doing something i'm doing. Only I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING. Then after a while they ALL get pissed at me and declare war off and on untill i get kicked out of the senate.

I'v tried doing trade and research with them, but after a while they still all get mad at me, even the guys that were blue to me will get mad and go red.

What's the scoop? Is the AI just bad and there is nothing i can do about it?

I'v tried other races and the same thing seems to happen no matter what race i choose.

1) Cassus Belli? Maybe they really hate you (backstory). You Ithkul?

2) Spies? If you place a lot of them and they find out...

3) Spies? Not sure about this one but I think Diplomacy spies lower the relations of other civilizations.

4) Too powerful? Having fleets near their colonies will piss them off...

5) Friends with their enemies?

6) Enemies with their friends?

7) Bug? (I hope not this one)
    ehehe

Comment

One thing I suspect may be messing up my relations (well, I had relations, now I'm in the process of steamrollering everyone) is that the manual warns against voilating your war policies, particularly the one about the rules of engagement, set by your status of a front.

If Civ X sends a colony ship into one of your chokepoint worlds, right now you have the choice of intercepting the ship or defending a planet. The problem with the first is that if you have the front with that Civ set to quiet front or defensive front, the AI may see your interception as an attack, which voilates even the defensive front rules of engagement. The problem with the second is that then you wind up with your neighbors sharing too many systems with you.

I'd really like to either know that blowing them away is fine even if I'm at "defensive front" or an option allowable in defensive front which basically states "force the fleet to exit the way it came in or be engaged in combat."

The reason that I think this might be part of the issue is that accourding to the manual, violations of your rules of engagements affect relations with everyone you have contact with, not just who you just blew up.

Or at least I think it was the manual that stated this. I know I read it somewhere official.

Comment

Hmm.... This may be where my problem is. I keep getting messeges where they are telling me to stop "something", but i did not know what i was doing that i had to stop. If they are getting pissed because my scouts are going past their planets or some kind of line in the sand, it makes sense.

Where is this setting for "quiet front or defensive front"?

Comment

when they "tell you to stop doing something" they are threatening you.

Always look at the top of the diplomacy screen to see what the message really is, without your malfunctioning translator geting in the way.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Oddly enough, it's not under foreign relations, it's under victory conditions. I can't remember exactly where. What I'm describing may not be the same thing you're seeing, because you're not attacking someone, but the computer may just be objecting to you blockading a planet, since we don't have a peaceful option there. I'd like a "maintain a low profile" button, please Unfortunately, between this and the option mentioned above, I THINK that it won't fit in a patch.

Comment

In my current game I have a similar problem. I declared war one civ, the reason was that the dumb asses kept sending spies into my empire and they were expanding into systems that I wanted and such. So I went to war with them to push them back and teach them a lession not to send spies into my empire. Then the cyborg race declared war on me and then ather race did as well, I forget the names of the races, since I am a newbie at this game. None of them stood any chance against my space fleet, and easly have 4 times as many ships as they do combined. I have taken over countless number of their planets and I could completely take over their entire empires given time. But I really want to end this pointless war, I am already huge and I dont want to expand any more untill I devolope the planets I already have. And I want to start focusing on other areas besides the millitary, since this war has caused me to go on a total war footing. But every time the war ends with one race, the very next turn they declare war on me. I also got kicked out of the Orion Senate and lost contact with at least 3 races as well. So I only have contact with the races I am at war with, but just recently got back in contact with a friendly race and I have trade aggrements with them. But the others just hate my guts and I assume want to see me destroyed after what I have done to them. But they could never do that. Is there anything I could do to stop this war? Or will i have to take over all three empires to see peace?
              Donate to the American Red Cross.
              Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

If they declared total war against you in the senate, you cannot stop them until this law is not removed .... And it is very hard to do it when you are out of the senate. You can possibly do it if you have alliance with 2 senate members (the total war law seems to be ignored by your allies).
                Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
                X