Q about diplomatic channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q about diplomatic channels

Am I right when I say that diplo channels require the two races to be within a certain distance of each other? How far is too far? What techs (if any) improve this?
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

bump
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all

Comment

My understanding is that to have diplo contact the 2 civs in question must have colonies within 2 jumps of each other. Or both be in the Orion Senate
      "Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Comment

And no, apparently there are no Technologies which enlarge the Distance at which you get Diplomatic Contact.

After we had declared the "Declare Total War" - Bill on the New Orions (and the NO therefore were banned from the Senate) they lost all their previous Contacts they had through the Senate with the Exception of Me and the Klackons, which both had Colonies within 2 Jumps of the Orion System.

As the NOs have a really high Technology-Level and there were other Races 4-5 Jumps nearby I would assume that the Contact to those Empires had remained if there would exist such a technology.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

How does one get on the Senate? I know where the Orions are - I explored a then unknown star and my scout was destroyed while trying to retreat! The Grendarl are already on the Senate, but I have a snowballs chance in heck going that route....
          One OS to rule them all,
          One OS to find them,
          One OS to bring them all

Comment

Having good Relations with some of the other Races which are already in the Senate should help if you haven´t begun the Game with being in the Senate.

Of course you shouldn´t count on the New Orions to help you getting into the Senate
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
            X