Human colony ship gets stuck...news at 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human colony ship gets stuck...news at 11

They Humans tried to send another lone colony ship to Pi Mensae. One planet there looks very Earth-like, so that must look juicy to them.

Problem was, that world was colonized by me 10 turns ago.

So...the human ship gets stuck. It has no world to colonize, and it apparently can't return home. It just stays, and triggers the combat map.

For three turns.

Finally I get sick of it, and destroy it. Given this is the second time a colony ship has shown up there, this probably won't be the last time this thing happens - but then again, won't the humans finally realize the "for sale" sign is gone?

Programmers, can you fix this in a patch??
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

The game A.I. is stupid that way, it just lets the COlony ship sit there when it can't colonize the selected world. The game stuck me with a 10-15 colony ship pileup in a system I shared with another race and had two unclaimed planets flagged. They arrived and then nothing happened, they just sat there...

Comment

It's happened now with warships. The Grendarl send 3 ships to attack Sssla, which is defended by 8 of my ships as well as missile, beam and fighter bases. I don't intercept him, and he doesn't want to get close to the planet, so he just sits there.

Cowards!
      One OS to rule them all,
      One OS to find them,
      One OS to bring them all
      and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

The worst part is you can't turn off your own colonial advisor. Even when it is off, your advisor still send your colony ships to planets you don't want to colonize. Definitely need a way to clear the orders faster. It seem after many turns, the stuck task force will be disbanded. Need to make that quicker.

Comment

This happens frequently for me too.
          (It also sems two of your colony can block each other so neither can colonize the same planet.)

But if you pay a little attention you can clear it up.
          Either listen to the SitReps or sort the fleet overview by type and see which colony ships are in orbit of their destinantion.

Then select the ship(s) and "cancel orders" and then send them to another planet you want colonized. (If youre smart check the fleet overview first to see if any other colony ships are heading that way already ).

Comment

Originally posted by MitchDev
            The game A.I. is stupid that way, it just lets the COlony ship sit there when it can't colonize the selected world. The game stuck me with a 10-15 colony ship pileup in a system I shared with another race and had two unclaimed planets flagged. They arrived and then nothing happened, they just sat there...
            Can you choose a planet and select forces and colonize the planet manually?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon

Can you choose a planet and select forces and colonize the planet manually?
              I think so, I haven't had time for the game this week

Comment

Working...
              X