Detection equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detection equipment?

What gives you the best detection range?

Does putting all of the older scanners cummilative?
    Does loading up on ECCMs effective?
    Do ECCMs overrule scanners if on same ship?

basically how do you maximize scan range with a given tech level?

O.K. most people here think that Scanners don´t stack, means it is useless to have more of them.
    Always have one Unit of your best Scanners on Board of your Picket Ships.

ECM and ECCM do stack, means more ECM-Units mean you are harder to detect, while more ECCM-Units mean that the enemy has to have more ECM-Units if he doesn´t want to be detected.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Detection arrays, ECCM and ECM affect sight range only.

They are factors which are multiplied to your base range.

So you do not need ECCM to counter ECM, Detection arrays will also counter ECM. ECCM defeats ECM not be nullifying the effects but by multiplying a positive factor into the range.

So ECCM can also allow you to see out father. As far as I can tell, ECCM and Detection arrays will combine their effects and work together. However stacking multiple ECCM or Detection arrays will not.

Comment

You have to take into account that the AI (if you klick on Auto-Build in the Ship Design Screen) alsways stacks several ECCM-Units into your Scout SHip.

Assuming that the AI doesn´t do somethinng useless here I think, that ECCM stacks.

I think it works this way:
        As you mentioned, ECM has the Effect that an enemy Fleet has to be closer to you to detect you.

This means if en enemy Fleet has 5 ECM V - Units (regardless of wether they are on a single Ship in the Taskforce or distributed among several of them) you need 5 ECCM V - Units to counteract them.
        I.e. if your Taskforce has 4 or less ECCM V - Units its Sensor Range regarding this specific enemy Taskforce will be shortened and they have to be closer to the enemy to see him.
        On the other Hand if your Taskforce has 5 or more ECCM V - Units you will see the enemy at normal Sensor-Ranges as if he wouldn´t possess any ECM-Unit.

So for ECM-Purposes i would think that stacking is indeed useful (and in my Games there was anecdotical evidence that this could be the case).

As for the ECCM also acting as a Sensor for themselfes.
        That may be the case and for this purpose I agree, stacking would be useless.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
        X