Orion cheese defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orion cheese defense

I decided to invade Orion for kicks. Massive fleet is assembled and I enter their system. I erase one of their planets and send a colony ship there to settle it at the same time I have my ground forces invade amother of their planets (they had 4 total).

Next turn I now control two of their four planets. I want to invade the other two, but no. They send a single ship to attack my most recent aquisitions. No matter if on the space combat scheduler I select to invade one of the other two Orion planets (and basically not worry about defending the two I took), it forces me into a planetary defense role.

My masssive fleet tied up because of one lousy Orion ship (they did this turn after turn after turn).

I have not seen this with any of the other races I have invaded and guess it has to do with how advanced/capable the Orion industrial infrastructure is in that it can squirt out a ship every turn.

Any suggestions to get around this block?

Yeem

I had the same problem. This is a workaround (couldn't find another solution ):

- build up planetary defences
    - leave the system
    - come back and pick what planet you want to attack

Those defences are for that lone ship, would be a shame if that beat you . I also tried to cede control, watch, control in combination with assault, intercept & defend. I still couldn;t invade the planet. Only thing that worked (for me) is that method above.

Comment

Most people claim that if you stick it out long enough, about every 10th turn or so they will not attack and you can squezze in an attack on one of the remaining planets. Unfortuanately that didn't seem to be the case with me.

I was 'colony-locked' for around 30 turns. Luckily the colonies weren't mine they were an allies that I was defending, so I ended up trashing that alliance so I wouldn't have to defend thier colonys. When I did start take out the NO planets I just totally depolulated them from orbit and only invaded the last one, afterwhich I recoloinized the planets I'd depoluated.

I made A BIG mental note of this odd behavior so I can work around it in my next game.
      "Power doesn't corrupt; it merely attracts the corruptable"

Comment

Working...
      X