Last turn computer shuts down!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last turn computer shuts down!?

Ok, it's turn 399 of my first complete game. I have now all 5 X's and one more turn until the final one is implemented. I hit the turn button, the game goes into the waiting screen. A minute later the computer shuts down. I reboot the machine, try again, hit the turn button, the computer shuts down.

One strange thing I did notice when reloading the game is in the saved game folder there is now an autosave file with a filename indicating turn 400, but in the column under "turns" it reads 0 and in the column under "race" it reads MyRace (I was playing as humans).

I dont recall another game ever that not only crashed but also made the computer shut down.

I just want to see if the end cinematic for a 5X win is cool. Then I can put the game away, play something else and wait until the patch comes out...

Yeem

May have crashed trying to run the cinematic. (Or the AI is being a poor sport )
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Sounds like a cinematic issue. Try coping them to the HD.

Comment

Good call you two. I simply turned off the cinematics and the victory screen popped up as it should. Not a very exciting end to the game, but an end no less.

Thanks,
        Yeem

Comment

Outstanding! You're welcome!
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
          X