Customized Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customized Races

Has anyone tried to customize a race yet, or is everyone still learning how to play the game? Here is my first attempt at a customized Human race.

Economics: Investors to Monetarists -20
    Toughness: Poor to Average +10
    Diplomacy: Average to Good +10
    Citizenship: Liberty to Association +20
    Cunning: Dangerous to Sharp -40
    Creativity: Normal to Adaptive +20

I'm only about 50 turns into a game with this race (because everytime I read a good tip elsewhere in this forum I have to go try it out!) but I think this is a little more balenced than the default Human race. Any more customization ideas out there?

One of the mods that enhances the Pedia has included a customize race for all of them. I think it is Lore Weavers strat.

Comment

vmxa1 - thanks! Lore Weaver's stragety guide contains a lot of what I was looking for, plus info on the Magnate Races. A link to that thread can be found in the MoO3 FAQ, and is also listed below.

Comment

I tend to mod all my races now. granted, this makes them more generic. I will do less of this the more comfortable I become.

I:

increase creativity as high as possible (trading research ability, as I would rather be thourough than fast)

Increase spy as high as possible, hate getting killed early game

lower ground skills to poor, as I can either bombard or use overwhelming force.

last game I used psilon, used empathic, in conjunction with thier diplomacy skills, made it easy to be friends with all but ikthul and silicoids.

need to be more options like:

ship defense/attack

cybernetic/lithovore

aquatic/subterranean

I miss those, now we can only get those as hard coded properties (if that, more manual help please)

Comment

I did a similar custom race, bumped the good stuff and lower the ground stuff all around. Lower Dip as well, no senate for me.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
            I did a similar custom race, bumped the good stuff and lower the ground stuff all around. Lower Dip as well, no senate for me.
            any idea what empathic adds to the diplomacy that the diplomacy skill doesn't? I have no clue, but in my game with both, I was rolling in the trade agreements, and only at war with the jerky civs, after a while even the humans wanted a defensive or full alliance . it seems to me that you could take a lower diplomacy with a empathic race and save 10 or 20 (howevermany) points.

Comment

My Humans:

Economics: Specie (-40)
              Cunning: Quick (-40)
              Diplomacy: Superior (+20)
              Trade: Superior (+40)
              Empathic (+10)
              Fantastic Traders (+10)

They're still disadvantaged for having fewer picks than any other race, but at least they kick serious a-- at trade and diplomacy. It might be worth taking a hit of another 10 points and making Toughness average while making sure they always start in the Senate. The trade and diplomacy opportunities in the Senate are somewhat necessary for this customized race.

I will tell you they rock at trade, in particular, and that's what drives their game... the problem being that everything else is either average or sub-par... so they beyond hopeless if you can't make a bunch of trade agreements.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

My modified Eoladi are so good they're almost broken. I don't remember the exact numbers, but push mining, industry, research, creativity, citizenship and government to the max, and everything else to the worst. Use a hive government, and settle all those size 10-12 gas giants. INDUSTRY MONSTERS !

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I tried to make similar industrial race from the Cynoids. Your race will generate a lot of polution - I think that Tollerance is important for an industrial race too. The Cynoid have fine discount on the natural engineers and the Tolerant special abilities (both cost only 10, instead of 30 and 20 respectively). Their Low gravity sucks to some extent though ....
                  Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

The Cynoids are rubbish at this strat. They seem to only get size 2-6 worlds. By the time you've built a gov, a rec and a mil DEA, there's hardly any room left for factories. Nothing beats a size 12 sweetspot with 1 x Mil, 1x Rec, 1x Gov and 21 x Industry. Especially with Superior Maunfacturing and Natural Engineers.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The Cynoid have 40% manufacturing racial bonus which the Eoladi do not have.

Comment

Hm, may be I am not right for the last one ....

Comment

And when thinking of racial bonus the Elder Civilizations have so much bonuses you can't imagine .... Their only negative is the 50% growth rate. And just an idea has occurred to me - you can try to capture some new orions at some point of the game - find a planet which is suitable for them, colonize it with the most inappropriate species you have for this planet and then give it to them. If some of them migrate to this planet, you can try to recapture it while it has not built any defence ... :-)

I wonder if this can be made to work? I'll definitely try it ...

Comment

bakalov

Meklar/Cynoid ManufEff += 4
                            (spreadsheets.mob\racemodifiers.txt)
                            It's ~14.2% factory output if you get superior manufacturing.

Tolerant is a must - all cynoid modifications what i see on all forums has it.
                            Pollutio*=0.5,PolluTol+=50
                            Knowledge is Power

Comment

I agree :-) How to miss the tolerant and natural engineers when when it costs only 10 picks each?

I saw the efficiency formulas, I said that I am not right for the Etherean not getting the same bonus ... I still prefer the cynoid. May be their production is somewhat smaller than the etherean but they have much more picks and can do well in the other spheres of life, and the etherean can't ...

And I think that the efficiency +4 is greater bonus than 14.2% no matter what do you select because the *ALL* other manufacturing bonuses tend to increase the capacity, and the total industry is equal to the capacity*efficiency.

IMO the pollution reducition is esential too ... I have 10% pollution with Tolerant, Environmental tolerance -> superior and 3 pollution reduction buildings. 10% I calculate from the economics screen report. It says for example:

production ~ 5000 AU
                              maintainance - xxx (not important)
                              pollution ~ 500 AU

500 are 10% from 5000.

With 4 industry DEAs with Automated Factories and Astro University, 140% dea efficiency from pop, this is genereating for me ~960 industry and 3.1K PP.

I wonder how much pollution and PP is generationg the Word of Art on his 21 factory DEAs world with the same conditions?

And with a 6 sized world I can have 12 Industry DEAs, no Govt, Military or Recreation - they will be on the neighbour planet and my industrial planet will benefit from the outreach effect, not needing to use any space for them.

Another thing - good for the industrial planet is to have high biodiversity to absorb more pollution.

Comment

Working...
                              X