Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request for a Mod, or a pointer to the right file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for a Mod, or a pointer to the right file.

I'm thinking I want to Mod the leader names so that the race of the leader is in parenthesis after the name (Race leaders, not the council leaders).

I don't see any likely candidates in the Spreadsheets directory, so I suspect that they're somewhere else or hardcoded.

Also, anyone have any idea how to mod the .shp files? They aren't text files. I'm thinking that if I bump up the transport to a larger hull with two troop pods, then the Planetary AI may get over its troop transport fixation without throwing off the balance too much.

Re: Request for a Mod, or a pointer to the right file.

Originally posted by Eric S
    Also, anyone have any idea how to mod the .shp files? They aren't text files. I'm thinking that if I bump up the transport to a larger hull with two troop pods, then the Planetary AI may get over its troop transport fixation without throwing off the balance too much.
    I have made the Troop Ship obsolete and designed 2, 5 and 8 pod transports which I keep updated with the fastest drives available, but the AI keeps wanting to build the 2 pod transport even though I have 10 sitting in reserve (not to mention the 5 and 8 pod ships!).

The only way I can think that might stop the AI is to make all ships with the 'transportation' mission type obsolete. When you want to build new transports, design a new ship, and it to the build queues for however many planets you want (and/or use the x5 and x10 option) and then make the design obsolete. Once the ship is in the queue it will get built even if the design is obsolete, but new ones cannot be added to the queue (by you or the AI).
    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Just aquick note, Flinx: you dont have to design a new troop-spip just un-obsolete it. I know sometimes it's easier just to design a new one, that to scrool through the list of obsolete ships.
      Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
      Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

Actually, I found that since I never deploy ground forces in anything other than Armys, which take 9 transport pods if you autobuild, it helps to use 3 and 9 pod transports.

Martin, one reason that sometimes designing a new one is good is because that way your troop ships keep up with your latest warships.

Comment

Working...
        X