Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grey Mod Pack Beta 1 Released. - Includes MilitaryAI etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey Mod Pack Beta 1 Released. - Includes MilitaryAI etc.

I have removed RC1.

RC2 is out - download links on IG forums.

Last edited by Colin The Grey; March 15, 2003, 09:35.

I have been playing with the first beta mod and the game has impoved quite a bit! Thank you so much for making this game fun while we wailt for the patch(s). I was playing a game on hard that had already rached turn 176 or so. It did not take long for the AI to begin attacking. A young planet was bombarded to death and the AI even beat me in a battle which prevented me from saving the aftermentioned planet. I was already far ahead of my heighbours in technology (was based on the the outskirts of a large two arm galaxy) and thus I was able to defeat attack after attack while taking apart one of my three opponents (I had one full ally and one defensive ally). I am now going to play a new game in a small cluster. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Comment

I have been playing this mod now for 183 turns. I have not seen a huge difference. Playing on med, 9 races, large system,etc.....

AI is making larger fleets--but ot that big -(3-4 ships, largest ive seen was 6)

They do assault planets now sometimes but with small fleets they get hammered to death.

But the game is little better than moo3 stock.

Ill keep playing turn 183 is still kind of early.

Plus my closest ally is right next to me and we have colonies out the yen yang in each others systems. So i have to go through him to get to the bigger enemy AI's. The one enemy that was below me suffered a disaster attacking one of my planets and i havent seen him in awhile.

Comment

turn 296 --huge and i mean huge battles have taken place all over the place. I have had cynoids send 16+ ships into my system 4 rds in a row. Ithkul sent a 32 ship fleet into one of my systems, and new orions went nuts on me lol. Im fighting everywhere and loving it. But still havent had AI take a planet using troops

Comment

I'm trying this mod out in my current game. Nothing much to report yet (only to turn 90).

One thing I've noticed ( and I'm not sure if this is the mod or if it's true of vanilla MOO3 ) is that my Viceroys keep insisting on building System Colony ships even after every planet in a system is colonized to 1K plus. What's up with that?
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

I've never had a viceroy build a system colony ship...thats wierd.

One thing you may find helpful is, if you dont want the ai to build a ship type, ever, is to obsolete it. If you need to build one later, just go and un-obsolete it, add it to the queue(s) where you want it built, and then re-obsolete it. Then you only get that ship type when you specifically ask for it and the AI never builds it.

Using the obsolete/un-obsolete strategy you can pretty much insure that the AI only builds the ship types you want without the need to micro-manage (m)any build queues.

Comment

@stormkeep - that's exactly what I did. Just thought I'd point out the oddity of the build occurring in the first place.

The whole obsolete/un-obsolete is definitely the only way to "manage" what the Viceroys build. If you see the patch thread, this will hopefully be alleviated in the first patch.
              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
              X