moo burnout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moo burnout?

Anyone else suffering from moo3 burnout? I have put in some major hardcore time on this game, anywhere from 8-10 hrs a day for the last week and a half PLUS my full time job... and now, I don't even want to look or think about it. Anyone else in the same boat?

Nope, can't wait to get home. I'm in the 40-45 tech level, and I really want to start playing around with Leviathans with all the neat toys Haven't had a game of MoO3 last this long before.

Comment

I must have done something right, cause I am still playing my first game. All techs researched, and awaiting my final battle with the New Orions, taking my time to get my fleet built up, total war with everyone, takes a lot out of a fleet.

About MoO3 burn out, take your time with it.

Comment

Nope...still lovin it. Haven't played that much, though.

Full time job + soccer practice + quality time with wife and 9 months old child = exactly 1 hour of Moo3 every day

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I'm going to give Moo3 a rest for a while. I just haven't really enjoyed it at all since playing it, even after playing 3 games, 500+ turns, and at least 20 hours.
          B♭3

Comment

I still have not done all the things you can do in the game, so I am pressing on. That does not mean I have not hit some points where I was bored or frustrated.
            I also had two nights till 2AM. Once I finish this game, then I will see how I feel and if I want to do another one. That will be the test. I may want to do some others and come back after more mods are done and tested.

Comment

I think MoO3 seems to be like beer...

Some people drink it for the first time and say "this tastes like crap!" and swear off of it.

Others say they figure they'll get past their initial dislike of the product and they realized its a taste that's developed over time. Many of them end up really liking it... even getting hooked on it.

Which then leads to the next part of the analogy...

Among those who end up liking it, there are those who binge and end up with a hangover the next morning and those who drink responsibly and consume it in moderation... but as such enjoy it the most over time

Hell... you even have the people who don't really like the product, but who binge on it just because of the social pressure

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

so, no more late nights with MOO3!!

ha, kidding
                While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

the social pressure of those of you vets saying that you like the game is indeed making me want to buy it, but I can't get past the negative comments as well.

maybe moo3 will be like the "cheap beer" for me.

when it gets discounted to 20 or 30 bucks i will indulge.

kinda like those who like beer, but buy Hamms...

While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I'd say my wife's burnt out. I had to put it down for a little while last night; I think she said 'divorce' or something and I thought I'd get off and flip through the manual again.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon
                      I'd say my wife's burnt out. I had to put it down for a little while last night; I think she said 'divorce' or something and I thought I'd get off and flip through the manual again.
                      You think you have it bad? MY wife :

"You finger that mouse more than you do me!"

I turn the game off.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Too much info Tuberski

Too much info.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                          I still have not done all the things you can do in the game, so I am pressing on. That does not mean I have not hit some points where I was bored or frustrated.
                          I also had two nights till 2AM. Once I finish this game, then I will see how I feel and if I want to do another one. That will be the test. I may want to do some others and come back after more mods are done and tested.
                          Same here...
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

She who must be obeyed long ago gave up on me and my games. One of the few benifits of being old.

Comment

Working...
                            X